Wednesday 10 May 2023

How My Garden Grows!

 Growth is definitely putting on a spurt now.  The Amelanchier has grown considerably since last year, although the blossom only lasted a short time, the wind and rain saw to that, but the tulips and summer snowdrops have been lovely (a bit battered now) and the foxgloves are coming along nicely.  I'm hoping to encourage many more insects to the garden this year.....

 
We have bought a Magnolia ( Susan) which we didn't expect to flower this year but we now have two lovely blossom(s?).....


The tomato plants are doing well.  They will be off to the allotment later in the year as we have no room here for them......


My lettuces are fattening up nicely and will be hung on the fence soon .......


I have always fancied a fig tree but they are so expensive.  When G saw one at B & Q he snapped it up for me.  It's a dwarf fig which will, hopefully, do well against the sunny garage wall in it's pot. It might or might not produce figs at some point, we'll have to wait and see......


How is your garden doing?  Any new fruit trees this year?


Thanks for popping in.  Do stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

13 comments:

  1. I was suprsed to hear the young woman presenter on Gardener's World say that the young petals of magnolia are edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I didn't know that, potty, I learn something every day!

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of dwarf fig trees - hope it does well for you, several baby figs on my fig tree this year, second year being in the ground after coming here in a pot.
    All your tomato plants are looking good too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks lovely and very healthy, this is a great season, so much is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amelanchier berries and fuschia berries make a nice jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Kate! That's something else I didn't know!

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks lovely and so green! You've lots of wonderful looking plants growing there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have a fig tree. I have planted two, but they failed. I will try again. I love that lettuce that you have in the window box. I need to plant some pink jasmine and a hibiscus that I bought. It is hot here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping to get fruit, Stephenie, but we've never grown a fig before so ours could be a total failure too!
      I love the fragrance of jasmine and hibiscus flowers are so beautiful.

      Delete
  7. It is lovely to see how your garden is coming along Angie.
    I love my Amelanchier. I only planted it last Spring and I'm so glad I did. I think I shall be putting any spare tomato plants I have out on the front for people to help themselves to, like I did last year. I always end up with far too many!! Your lettuces look wonderful. I need to get on with sowing a few lettuce seeds today along with the million and one other things I want to do. How lovely it would be if you get some figs on your little tree. Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx