Tuesday 23 May 2023

A Financial Boost

 


Image from Google


I was surprised and pleased to find that the local council have paid me for my Election duties on 4th May.  The money was in my bank account by Saturday.  I was not so pleased, however, that tax of over £50 has been deducted despite not having enough income to be liable to pay any tax at all.  I have tried many times to contact Inland Revenue to get a tax code issued prior to payment, to no avail.  On one occasion I held on for 50 minutes only to be cut off before anyone actually answered 😡  Now I have to try to get a refund.  I finally got through to the IR only to be told by a young woman that I have to wait until the end of the year to be refunded; that's the TAX year ie 5th April 2024 !!  I sincerely hope not! This is particularly galling as I worked for the IR as Tax Officer for several years and it used to be so easy to issue refunds of this kind.  My thinking cap is firmly on.....

Stay safe everyone x

8 comments:

  1. If anyone can sort this out it would be you. Once you work for them you know their sneaky little ways ... my brother is a tax officer!!

    Good luck with getting your money back, £50 is £50 and not to be sneezed at ... or to have to wait almost a year for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the payment. I hope everything will soon be resolved regarding the taxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the same for me, when after getting a lump sum whilst not working, they taxed me and I had to wait until the end of the tax year to reclaim it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can get your refund, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google P50, in year repayment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's strange. I hope you are able to get it sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you manage to get that £50 back sooner rather than later. Why should you have to wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx