Monday 26 September 2022

30 a Week Challenge Day 1


photo from Country Living magazine

After a bit of research, I found out exactly which fruit or vegetable counts in the daily target.  See below....



In the usual 5 a day way of eating, potatoes don't count as they are carbs, but in the 30 a week they do as well as wholemeal bread, nuts, seeds, brown rice and wholewheat pasta.  Herbs & spices count too.  They count as 1/4 portion each.  Now it's sounding more achievable!



You can only count each type once in each week.  It should be fairly easy to get off to good start but I have the feeling that I might flag as the week wears on.


Meals on Sunday:

Breakfast: Muesli with homegrown raspberries and a dollop of yogurt.
Lunch: Jacket potato with grated cheese (half the usual amount 😇)  homegrown lettuce, tomatoes, grated carrot
Dinner:  grilled salmon, mashed potato, cauliflower, peas and hollandaise sauce
Snack : a handful of  mixed black & green grapes

A good start! I've just realised that I can add potato to the list now too 👍  Oh, and the muesli probably counts as it contains oats, but I haven't bothered to add it yet because I will eat porridge at some point this week anyway and can count it then.



I'm sure I will make mistakes in this challenge as I've begun this on a whim but I'll give it my best shot anyway.

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x 


4 comments:

  1. My muesli has seeds and oats and dried fruits - thats 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Angela! I'm sure that roughly 3 portions of muesli a week would be enough for 3 points 👍 I usually add fruit, fresh or tinned in juice, on top so that would be another point.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a good start! Too bad that white rice is not on the list, because I tend to eat white rice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer white fluffy rice too, Bless, brown rice is a bit chewy isn't it.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx