Sunday 11 September 2022

Sadness & the End of an Era

 What a week this has been, culminating in the death of our beloved Queen Elizabeth II

She looked so frail when appointing our new PM on Tuesday that G & I were worried for her health, so the news of her passing wasn't totally unexpected.  She has given her life to our country and the Commonwealth and now deserves to rest in peace.  King Charles III has a lot to live up to but I think he is perfectly capable.  Long Live the King.

I feel very rough this morning.  I have a heavy cold with headache, aches, cough and dry throat.  I've done 2 covid tests 2 days apart and both are negative so I just need to rest.  I'll make this a very short post today.

Today I am thankful for:

A Monarchy coming together as they should to comfort each other and the people.

Being able to rest up today.

A sunny day after lots of rain this week to help the parched garden and allotment, and now to dry the washing.

The promise of help with energy bills in the form of a Price Guarantee.  

I know it will still not be easy for so many people but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.......

Stay safe everyone x




6 comments:

  1. I am thankful most every day for blessings like the ones you list. I miss your Queen, she was a shining light for the world. Now King Charles has a lot of work ahead and I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you feel better very soon. I am watching many of the television shows/documentaries on the pageantry in the UK right now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sunshine to cheer your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better today Angie. Sending love xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better. The queen was an amazing woman. I am enjoying watching the coverage on tv.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx