Monday 6 June 2022

Jubilee Joyfulness

I hope everyone has enjoyed the Queen's Jubilee celebrations across the world.

I watched the TV prog reviewing the lifetime of our beloved Monarch and it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.  She has been in my life since I was 2 years old, when her father died and she became Queen, and I have nothing but love and total admiration for her.

Only a few houses in our street bothered to put up decorations but we displayed the 2 small flags we had managed to buy at the last minute.  The village hosted a Jubilee Concert on Friday from 1pm to 8pm with several local musical groups taking part.  We ate lunch at home then, at 2pm,  drove the short distance to the village as I knew I wouldn't be able to walk the distance back.  We took picnic chairs and sat in the sunshine drinking a glass of rose bought from the outdoor bar.  The turnout was amazing with families enjoying picnics, ice creams, and street food from the vendor's vans parked in a semi circle.  The music was varied and fabulous.  

By 3.30pm it had clouded over and the heavens opened making everyone run for cover so we sat in the car for a while until it blew over, bought and ate a bag of chips from the village chippie and then went back for more music!  About half of the original crowd had gone home 😖

Around 5pm Bhangra Smash Up came on and they were FAB!  The music was exciting, invigorating and inclusive to all cultures.  Everyone danced and waved their arms to the beat.  Even when the rain began again in earnest we carried on regardless.  They played an encore to the enthusiastic audience and two band members came out into the rain to play among us, getting almost as wet as we were.  Afterwards we took shelter in the building and had one final drink before home.

This is me with my drenched hair sticking to my head, soaked jacket, rain splashes on my glasses and T shirt but feeling better than I have felt in the last two and a half years!  And I never went to Glastonbury in my youth 😅



On Sunday I watched the Royal Pageant on TV and thoroughly enjoyed that too.  Did you watch it? What did you think?

Thanks so much for popping in and take care x

6 comments:

  1. I loved the pageant, really enjoyed watching it and a great way to cover her 70 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great weekend, and you really look like you were having fun. Sometimes it does us good to let go and just go along with the weather whatever it throws at us ... and as Brits were pretty good at doing that.

    I loved the Royal Pageant and saw some bits of the concert the night before, Paddington and her Majesty being the highlight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I just visited London for the first time and absolutely loved it! My hotel was across the street from Buckingham Palace. Marvelous city and people...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching the celebrations on TV here in Canada. Glad you had fun at the concert.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time! We only had news coverage of the Jubilee festivities to watch, here, but, I saw a few highlights online, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful celebration weekend that is going to be to remember. Your smile shows how much you enjoyed it. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx