Thursday 3 December 2020

What an Eventful Week!

 Thank you to everyone for your lovely, and varied, comments on my last post. It was great fun 😀

Well...what an eventful time we have had since my last jottings.  I expected my skin cancer to have been removed last Friday 27th but due to a mix up (partly my own fault) I discovered (only the day before) that the appointment was actually a consultation for another procedure and I am still awaiting an appointment for the skin clinic.  The Friday appointment didn't go well and I left the hospital in tears and feeling quite traumatised and with no confidence at all in the Consultant.  

Luckily, G's op yesterday was a textbook procedure.  Lovely NHS staff, the lump removed, and lots of information given out both before and after.  I dropped him off at 9am and got the call to collect him at 9.45am.  He has to return in around 9 days to have the stitches removed.  Job done.  Fantastic....

He has so many appointments coming up for GP calls, eye clinic, telephone consultation regarding the non-existent MRI scans etc that he is filling up the calendar for December all by himself 😏  Even his new glasses have had to be returned because everything was blurred when he put them on.

I just feel that we have to sort G out first then I might get my own health sorted at last.  I really don't want my own procedures to be carried out too close to Christmas in case anything goes wrong.  I would be left with no one to turn to if the GP was closed and the hospitals overwhelmed....

Thinking of Christmas, I am really struggling to book an online food delivery slot for Christmas week.  There is absolutely nothing available from Sunday 20th to Wednesday 23rd, after which they are closed for 3 days.  I can bulk up the next 2 deliveries a bit but really wanted some fresh veg and salads the weekend before Christmas at least.

How are you doing? Do you have a slot booked?

Anyway, my little car is going in for it's MOT tomorrow. I really hope that it doesn't need any work because a) I don't want to spend any money on it at this point and b) I need it to run G about to his appointments.  Fingers crossed! 

Thanks for popping in and do stay safe everyone, wherever in the world you happen to be x


13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your health problems.I couldn’t get a Tesco slot but managed to get a Sainsburys one for the 20th.Do you have Iceland stores near you?They seem to have lots of delivery spaces.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Sainsbury's near you, keep trying as they are releasing extra Christmas delivery slots every day. Morrisons seem to have a lot as well. I hope you can get something sorted.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, both of you, I have managed to get a sainsburys one for the 19th!

      Delete
  2. Tom's lung consultant was horrible, no empathy and a straight face, made us feel like we shouldn't be bothering her.
    We don't have to see her again and there is nothing they can do but it has stayed with me that consultion.
    Sorry you too had a mean one. All I can say is that they shouldn't do the job if they have lost their kindness.
    Good luck with the shopping, we are going to daughters so i don't need to buy to much thank goodness.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awful for you and Tom, feeling ill is stressful enough isn't it Briony x

      Delete
  3. I sorry to hear that your consultation was such a horrid experience. I think covid has a lot to answer for. Not just the casualties but how some health care professionals have become judge and jury!!! Hope you manage to get a slot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Hopefully you can meet again and get more comfortable with the physician.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing worse than leaving a consultation feeling like the lowest of the low, it's happened too many times in the past to my Mum. What has happened to Doctors, especially Consultants, needing a good 'bedside manner' and basic human niceness.

    I hope you get everything sorted before Christmas, don't worry about being left with no help available, you should be given an emergency number for help at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, things have definitely changed for the worst haven't they. I do dread going back and, of course, I have to go alone at the moment.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about the Consultant - they seem to have forgotten that real people are involved. Hope you get a delivery sorted and good news about appointments

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx