Saturday 19 December 2020

Hopeful News and Simple Pleasures


Thanks for all your comments on my last post, and thank you MM for asking about G.  He was at the hospital for an hour and a half and after having two kinds of drops in his eyes and various examinations, it was decided that there is no major problem.  There is a minor one in that one replacement lens after his cataract op is becoming cloudy.  It's not a problem as it can be lasered off eventually but that's a procedure for sometime in the future, thankfully.  His facial scar after his skin cancer removal has healed beautifully too.  I only wish my own health problems could be resolved quickly but it is looking like both my procedures will be next year.  My skin cancer one is looking like it will be in February according to the consultant's secretary.  I will have had my skin cancer for exactly a year by then....

Christmas with the family is looking more hopeful.  G finishes work tomorrow (until 27th) so can isolate until Christmas day,  I don't go anywhere there are other people 😷, the GC have finished school until new year so they will be isolating and our daughter and son-in-law have booked rapid tests for Christmas Eve so that they don't take a big risk on being a-symptomatic.  If it all works out we can drive the 15min journey for Christmas lunch with them and come home to sleep.  I really do hope it pans out well....

On Friday I worked out that I hadn't been for a walk since Thursday of the previous week.  I had popped to the supermarket once for my YS bargains but otherwise had only driven to and from various hospitals to drop off and collect G.  No wonder I felt sluggish.  We decided to drive to Himley Park and have a brisk walk there even though only half of it is open.  The day was cold but not freezing so we wrapped up well and walked for about an hour up and down the same route.  It was rather muddy so I went to the little stream to wash my trainers.  It was so peaceful around the rushing water and the little ducks....


I spent several minutes standing and splashing in the water, enjoying the peace and tranquility which is in such short supply right now. I felt like a little girl again and it washed the mud from my trainers beautifully..... 😀


Are you finding any simple pleasures at the moment?

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x
 

7 comments:

  1. Small simple things are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad all is well with your hubby. Hope all your plans come to fruition and that you are able to enjoy the family. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Christmas celebrations go according to plan. Enjoy your time with family its extra precious at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and the family a very happy and safe Christmas day together and that your op goes ahead as soon as possible in the New Year.
    We must take a visit to Himley Park in 2021 when we are able. We have been before and it is not too far. Thank you for the photo reminders of a good day out. Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am. I've been enjoying long phone chats with friends, yoga at home, delicious homemade meals, and walks with my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am finding joy in the simple things as well. We are supposed to be getting a good covering of snow tomorrow, and I think this 65 year old just may slip out and make a snow angel or two.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes we have to take our pleasure in the small simple things at the moment don't we, and non-muddy trainers sound much preferable to muddy ones.

    I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx