Wednesday 16 December 2020

A Trace of Normality


I have just dropped G at the hospital (again) this time for an examination at the ophthalmology department. The optician thought he could see a little blood behind the eye so he needs to be checked over.  I'm going to cook a quorn tikka masala with rice for tea and wanted a rice sachet for speed so masked up and popped into the supermarket to get some.   I decided that G deserves a sweet treat too and spotted these cakes reduced from £2 to 10p 😃

I had to pass the fruit & veg as well as bakery and spotted these.  There were loads of them but I only took one of each to give others a chance of a bargain.....




 

They were all priced at 5p and had todays date on but I  can easily freeze the crumpets and bread rolls for another day.  The cauliflower is white as snow beneath the wilting leaves and will be eaten tomorrow along with some sprouts and a veggie roast for me, sausage for G.  The total price was 79p and that included a rice sachet at 39p full price. It took me just 10 minutes to shop and was an encouraging nod to normality 🤗


Now I just need to wait for G to ring me for a lift home.  Why does time pass so slowly when you are waiting anxiously?

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


7 comments:

  1. Oh the joy of the yellow stickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss out on them now because they don't get picked for home deliveries.
    Just look at those bargains! Well done, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed recently that my shop had a lot of reductions, the shop is often half empty and I guess as Rambler said a lot of people are having deliveries and they don't put reduced stuff in the box.
    good for you, would have loved those cakes.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bargains on the yellow stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant bargains, so it was a very profitable way to spend a little bit of the waiting time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely yellow sticker bargains. We don't get those in my small city on the Canadian prairies. Certainly wish we did.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope all went well at the hospital. The joy of yellow stickers, great bargains.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx