Monday 8 August 2022

On Oat Milk & Potato Bargain

When I did the online food shop last week I was offered a voucher for a free carton of Alpro oat milk and, as I am cutting back on dairy produce, I took up the offer.  It tastes beautifully creamy and doesn't curdle in a cup of coffee but I'm not sure I can justify the cost on a regular basis.  FREE I can cope with 😅  It was a good chance to try it though......

                                                

On Sunday G was at work and I had a craving for a baked potato.  We had no homegrown ones suitable so I popped to Sainsburys to buy one and to buy a few other things which were on offer on the Nectar app.   My spud cost just 16p but when I got home I realised that I had been given 40 points worth 20p for buying it!  A bargain!


This afternoon we are awaiting an engineer to service the boiler, a man to check the guttering and another man this evening to collect (and pay for) the sleeping bags he bought from me on eBay.  I hope they all turn up as we have had to stay in all day 😕 I'll keep you posted.....

Stay safe x



8 comments:

  1. Our grandson has oat milk, he is dairy intolerant, its not cheap, we keep a pack in, luckily it has a long date on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, Marlene, and it will last 5 days after opening too.

      Delete
  2. Free milk is good milk ... and being paid 4p to buy a baking potato even better. :-)

    I've just had another three lots of stuff picked up via the Olio app so I have lots more space in my cupboards and my freezer. AND they all turned up at the times they said they would - result!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great when people turn up on time 👍 so far only the boiler engineer has shown up. I think the guttering man will be a 'no show' and the eBay buyer is due at 8'ish 🙄
      A great result on Olio , Sue, I must investigate it.

      Delete
  3. I love the potato bargain. Our boiler man is due 8am tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great bargain with the potato and at least you got to try the free milk.
    Our techi problem got sorted much quicker than I expected so I am quite happy. Expecting a delivery by the end of the week so I will see how 'on time' that is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got sorted quickly, Beverley, and good luck with the delivery!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx