Wednesday 20 January 2021

Raining Cats & Dogs...Again... And Shopping

Photo from Google

 The weather today is appalling.  It's pouring with rain and quite windy, although the temperature has moved up a little to 10 degrees.  For once we are happy that we can't actually go anywhere and can stay in a warm, dry house focusing on simple tasks like writing up the account book and pottering.  Sometimes just pottering can be quite therapeutic, can't it.  What are you doing today?

The weekly shopping is due to arrive this afternoon.  I book a 4 hour slot which costs £1 and Sainsburys texts me with a 1 hour slot on the actual day of delivery.  I have been allocated the weird time of 16.52 to 17.52pm today 😏 but it's not guaranteed.  The delivery chappie was almost half an hour late last week but, in the scheme of things right now, it matters not a jot.   It just means that I will cook our main meal at lunchtime instead of evening so that we will be free to accept, wipe down and pack away the delivery when it arrives.  The cost this week is £49.38   There is a bar of chocolate and 2 bottles of beer on order for G which he has decided he will pay for himself instead of taking it out of the grocery budget, so the total above doesn't include them. This means that we are back on track regarding the allocated food spend, thank goodness.

Mind you, I've just checked the fridge and I think it will be baked beans and oven chips for lunch 👀 

Never mind, we both like carbs on a day like today 😀  I'll do a proper food plan once I know we have all that we ordered.  Unusually, there seems to be just one substitution this week:  I ordered a multipack of 6 own brand plain crisps to go with our sandwiches.  As they are out of stock they are sending me.....a multipack of 12 own brand plain crisps for the same price.  I think I can live with that 👍

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


2021 Food Spend to date:


January  £46.35    £93.27   £142.65

6 comments:

  1. We haven't been able to get a Tesco delivery slot for some weeks, so I do larger shops to last longer. It seems to be working for now and will get easier once I don't need salad and veg as we like to grow our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so disciplined with your food spending. I'm impressed. Today I am sitting by the fire, enjoying the gorgeous views of the snow. I just fixed the toilet, so that saved me quite a bit of money. Enjoy your treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Fixing the toilet would be beyond my capabilities so hats off to you Stephenie :)

      Delete
  3. Today I have been decluttering. I only have two more drawers to do at some point tomorrow. Then the fun room. My sewing/craft room is utter chaos once again. Puttering will definitely be going on in there for a few days.

    Shopping tomorrow, masked and as quick an in and out as is possible.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing well with the budget.

    I used to love putting in a really good substitution for customers when I picked orders, some of the younger pickers didn't have a clue though and would send all sorts of strange swaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were picking my shopping, Sue, we get some weird and wonderful substitutions sometimes as well as crushed/ broken things. The driver usually attributes it to inexperienced pickers.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx