Wednesday 27 January 2021

A Simple Decision Required!

 Are men  capable of answering  a simple yes/no question or of making a simple decision?

I ask myself this question on a fairly regular basis.  Conversation in our house often follows this pattern:

Me:  What time would you like to eat lunch today?

G:  What time do want it?

Or,

Me:  Would you like fish, curry, or cottage pie for tea?

G: I don't mind. Whatever you want...

Or,

Me: Do you fancy a walk?

G: If you want to.....

Do you catch my drift? It drives me mad 😠 When I'm doing the online shop I'll ask if there's anything in particular he would like me to order. The answer is usually " I can't think of anything" so the decision, once again is all down to me yet there is always something he thinks of once its too late to add it on.  I don't know why I bother asking!

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

On a different subject, the snow has melted at last apart from the various snowmen dotted around in front gardens, and the sun is shining.  I've banished G to the shed to clean and sharpen his tools while I oven bake jacket potatoes and prepare salad.  I asked him if he wanted some grated cheese as well as prawns on his potato and the answer?

" If you like...although it doesn't matter....just a light sprinkling..." Aarrgh 🙄

Stay safe, my friends, wherever in the world you happen to be x

11 comments:

  1. I have dealt with this. I finally realized that my questions were actually a search for conversation, and hubby just didn't really care. I now will simply announce what I am going to do and leave it up to him to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm much the same as your husband, I never mind time of meals or what I eat, after your comments I will try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds familiar!I think I probably do it too.We just want to please each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was smiling as I get the same response at times. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Angie, your hubby sounds just like mine. Snow has disappeared here as well for the moment so I shall be wandering down the garden for signs of new life before the next lot of snow arrives probably at the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least he's polite. People change as they age. Some are more passive, others more opinionated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I started giggling madly. This is so much like conversations around here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a very similar male model , its the grocery aspect drives me mad ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went thru exactly the same things, finally he said "I want what you want, I love you, that's all'--
    He passed Jan.6, 2020 and I would love to hear him repeat that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...how wonderful. We must appreciate them while we can, mustn't we SierraSue. I'm so sorry for your loss x

      Delete
  10. Oh Angie, I did chuckle reading this post out loud to Tony. He does the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx