Wednesday 30 September 2020

There's Good News & Bad News....

 Yesterday, I was diagnosed with skin cancer.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that it's the 'best' kind to get, if you see what I mean, because the tiny patch of skin on my temple which has been refusing to heal ever since February this year is a Rodent Ulcer.  I initially phoned the practice nurse at the GP's surgery to ask what I could put on it to heal it.  She requested a photograph then called me in to take a look at it.  I was quite shocked when she referred me to the hospital and even more shocked to be put on a 2 week rapid assessment. Yesterday, the Consultant took one look at the suspect patch of skin and confirmed that it is, indeed, skin cancer.  I'm now on the waiting list to have it removed under local anaesthetic.  It's not urgent because it will grow very slowly and I'm assured it will not spread anywhere else.  I'm thanking my lucky stars at the moment for being seen quickly and hoping that there won't be another lockdown which halts treatment.

Once again I have to thank the absolute angels working in the NHS who are carrying on regardless.  I saw for myself yesterday the difficult conditions under which they work every single day. Despite all wearing masks, I could see their smiling eyes when I spoke to them.

God Bless them all.

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


24 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the skin cancer, but thank goodness it's an 'easy' one to treat and will be done quickly. Husband and I are both having to undergo minor procedures and all the medical staff we've come into contact with have been marvellous, I agree. We're so lucky to have the NHS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are blessed to have our NHS, they truly are angles, hope your treatment is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good you asked for medical advice and that they caught the skin cancer early. I hope your surgery goes through successfully, dear blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our NHS are truly wonderful. Thank goodness. Best wishes for speedy treatment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that diagnosis but it must be a relief that it's the 'best' kind and is treatable. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that the treatment works and there are no further problems with this cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your diagnosis. My MIL had something similar and had it taken off- one lesion on her forehead and one on her upper lip. She's been fine since but when she first went to her GP in lockdown, the consultation was via his window in the rain!! She's 80 as well so I thought how bad this was!! Good luck with your forthcoming treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read about your diagnosis, hope all goes well with the removal and any subsequent treatment. Take care. We are indeed blessed with the NHS there are so many countries with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pleased it's a relatively curable cancer to have. Well done you, for bringing it to the attention of the nurse. We are lucky to have the NHS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad its the best kind to get. A friend had similar.. all good. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband had the same thing on his neck just under his ear. He had it removed and is doing just fine. I know that you will be fine as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one removed from the back of my neck a long time ago. I know you are going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a shock but Thank goodness it will be sorted quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phew, so pleased that it is doable.
    My son is a nurse and had just had to take a week off with stress. The conditions that they are working under is huge and wearing all that gear is so stressful.
    It just shows how we should be thankful of each day as it comes as we just never know what is around the corner.
    Hugs
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness it's the 'best kind' to get and you are on track for having it dealt with, and quickly I hope.

    My Mum has just had first hand experience of the angels that we call the NHS as she was rushed into A&E after a nasty fall in the middle of the night, resulting in 3 broken ribs. Doing 13 hour shifts in full PPE, with just two 30 minute breaks she was amazed at how they keep going the way they do. I have major respect for our NHS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so, so sorry to hear about your mum's fall, Sue, you must be so worried. Our NHS continues to be wonderful...

      Delete
  16. Good for you for taking care of it right away. That was wise. I'm glad that it is the best kind to get...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mum had a similar ‘self contained‘ cancerous growth removed from her nose under a local a couple of years ago and you wouldn’t know she ever had anything there now. Good luck with yours and yes, we are so lucky to have our NHS :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Down the years I have had a few bits removed. The news is unpleasant but glad when it is done and over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank goodness that it is curable. Your nhs sounds like a blessing. Too bad this could never work in the USA...or at least that is what we are told.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish you a lot of health,greetings from anna

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx