Thursday 10 September 2020

Our Free Shed And Other News


Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post.  I haven't got around to responding individually but I appreciate each and every one.  

We have been busy catching up with tasks, doing bits to the garden and tidying up bits of the allotment too.  We were quite disappointed with the crop of potatoes, the peas didn't produce very well, the lettuce was mainly wolfed down by slugs, the onions failed and our apple crops were spoilt, in the main, by earwigs and a few codling months.  Today we grease banded the apple trees and did a bit of pruning to let in some air and improve the shape of them for next year.

We are still picking chard, runner beans and a few tomatoes.

Our daughter and SiL were replacing their shed so we were given the old one for the allotment.   As you can see, it suits me well for when I need a break and a flask of coffee 🙂




Parts of it have seen better days and light is visible in places, but it can be repaired and last a little longer. Waste not want not......



My Boots parcel arrived on Tuesday containing my free goodies (thanks to my loyalty points) so I will not be needing to buy toiletries for a while...

  

I haven't managed to review the household budget yet so that will be my next task ; to check if  income is covering outgoings.  I'm sure it is but I need to check the actual figures, especially as food spending has rocketed. 

Thanks for popping in and stay safe, wherever in the world you happen to be x

12 comments:

  1. Looking good. Other posters have had similar results with their home grown veg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Results have been pretty erratic this year for sure.

      Delete
  2. Lovely tidy up job. Our potatoes did not grow very well either.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just us then, Jackie, it seems to be a widespread problem, doesn't it. What a shame x

      Delete
  3. I love the colour of your shed. It looks the perfect place to sit and read a book or plan the new growing season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie, I'm looking forward to getting plenty of use out of it!

      Delete
  4. I love my garden shed, it's my space, roomy in the summer months but full of gardening things in the winter. I do keep a folding chair in there for anytime I can sit and work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shed and a real bonus to get it for free. That as a substantial amount of toiletries for free too, great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new shed. It looks great. The price was right, too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx