Thursday 4 June 2020

On Strawberries and a Little Freedom

The weather has continued to be lovely.  We had a slow, steady fall of rain for most of yesterday which has done the garden and allotment the power of good.  For once, I didn't mind staying in.  The gentle rain was relaxing and I did my chores then sat reading for a while. The rain refreshed me as well as the garden.  I ventured into the garden in search of some strawberries and found these; the very first of the season....


DD is growing some too so I texted her a photo.  We are now going to have a competition to see who can grow the largest!  With hindsight I should have weighed the big one but I forgot and shared it with G before remembering :/
This morning I picked another couple to have on my cereal and remembered to weigh the biggest.  Unfortunately, it was smaller than the one yesterday but still came in at 29g......


From the allotment we have been eating:

Lettuce (small but tasty)
Radishes (disappointing)
Cabbage (a few leaves taken and left to grow on...tasty)
Spinach (ditto)
Rhubarb (delicious just stewed with custard, ice cream or cream)

G has tootled off to put in some pea plants this morning now that the rain has stopped.  The broad beans have had the tops taken off (as we learned our lesson last year with blackfly invasion) and they are looking really healthy.

Himley Hall has reopened the park.  It's less than a 10 minute drive for us so we are now going once a week to walk and get some much needed fresh air and exercise.  On Monday we took our lunch and sat under the beautiful copper beech to eat it.  The park is enormous with wide green spaces and some woodland walks and it's fairly easy to keep the required 2mtrs apart.  We did, however, notice that many groups were forming and mingling freely together.  It doesn't bode well for that important R number, does it.....



After we had eaten our sandwiches we fancied an ice cream.  Two vans were on site.  The queues were small and social distancing observed so G joined the queue.  The salesman wore gloves and the cones had metallic type paper covering at the base so G bought us 2 whipped cones with a flake and strawberry sauce.  It was the best ice cream we have had since lockdown!  They were £2.50 each (contactless payment) but well worth every penny :)

Gratitudes

For an available local open space to relax in and to B* R*E*A*T*H*E

For Springwatch on TV so that we can enjoy even more nature from our sofa

For a little more freedom and the opportunity to meet DD and the GC in the park next week (2 mtrs apart obviously)


Please don't ruin the chance of freedom, people of the UK

A message for Marlene :  If you are reading this, my lovely, I hope your move went well and that you can now relax and enjoy this next phase of your life. Stay well x

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

9 comments:

  1. The weather has definitely made lockdown more tolerable. It's good we can see family now too. The strawberries are impressive. No rain here on the Essex coast, not one drip. Black skies but nothing. We are desperate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


      Delete
  2. Looks a lovely place for a picnic.
    Oh a whippy ice cream with flake - lovely - no ice cream vans within about 20 miles of me I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That strawberry is a whopper!! At least you have the photographic evidence if not the weight.

    It's been bad for Radishes this year they really don't like hot dry conditions, mine have all tasted dreadful :-(

    Ooh Mr Whippy ice-cream, I used to love it, you can get a non-dairy version of it now, if I ever win the lottery I will buy my own Mr Whippy ice-cream machine and have one for pudding every night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful strawberries! I tried growing them, but some animal kept eating the red berries. I love the photo of your husband having lunch at the park. It's so wonderful to be able to get outdoors and go to our favorite places in nature again. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an enormous strawberry!!

    Competitions are good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the competition and you do have very large strawberries. Years ago we grew them but never to that size. Glad to read you are able to get out to the local park. Hope people will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a huge strawberry! Hope you have many more to come! The rain has definitely been welcome and is still on and off here at the moment. Weirdly, I felt so relaxed just sat watching it falling on the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was searching for a loan to sort out my bills & debts, then I saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Cards that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted this but decided to give it a try by contacting { officialblankatmservice@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel {card} i signed and went back inside to pick up my car key and drove to a nearest ATM machine to confirmed if the card really work to my greatest surprise it did.. This is no doubt because I have the card & have made use of the card. These hackers are UK based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact them via email: officialblankatmservice@gmail.com or WhatsApp +447937001817 if you want to get rich.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx