Sunday 31 May 2020

Planning Ahead?


Do you know what day it is? I'm finding that every day feels exactly the same as the one before and I'm losing the plot! I write all appointments and events down on the calendar so that nothing is forgotten. It will soon be June 1st and what exciting events do we have?



Oh... Well what about July then?....


Zilch, nada, nothing. Blimey our twilight years are sailing by on a sea of boredom. I must get my ass into gear and make PLANS. I don't know what plans yet but they might include puncturing a certain outdoor jacuzzi 😂😁🎶  There were more visitors there yesterday: 3 women and later on a man came to pick them up. It finally went quiet somewhere between 8 - 8.30pm.  Thankfully the music was on quietly, it was voices we could hear and squeals from water play.  I never thought I would pray for a wet Summer..... until now.  It's sunny again today...…..

As I'm feeling all cooked out and totally bored with menu planning on limited supplies, I have taken to ordering two ready meals each time I get lucky with a food delivery slot. This is what I got this time: a meaty meal for G and a veggie one for me. Ping cuisine at its best 👍 so no cooking today!



Oh, and a lemon meringue pie to have afterwards with a good dollop of vanilla ice cream. I'm not going to worry about calories because I have lost 8lbs in weight over the last month due to my IBS anyway.

My blood tests BTW came back clear. Kidneys, liver, thyroid and full blood count all normal so I need to battle on and sort myself out. I have cut down my consumption of dairy quite a bit, cut out sugary things (in the main) and I drink very little alcohol, coffee nor eat much spicy food. The main problem is in trying to control my stress response which is easier said than done when I can't even sit outside and read quietly.

There is no way we will be planning a holiday this year so I need to get my thinking cap on regarding planning pleasant things to do in the near future.

Do you have things planned?  Will you be risking a holiday?

Gratitudes

For 'ping cuisine' today, so no actual cooking required

For feeling marginally better so that I actually *want* to plan ahead

For the majority of caring, unselfish people who stick to the rules no matter what

Stay safe, wherever in the world you happen to be x



20 comments:

  1. I feel your stress re. Your neighbours. At least in the colder months you know where you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mrs LH, they were really quiet until the warmer weather arrived!

      Delete
  2. Cutting out dairy could do you the world of good, but remember how many things dairy products are in and watch out for them too. These days they seem to add whey powder to lots of things as a bulking out, protein raising agent. I only have to eat something with a touch of dairy in it by accident for the oh so familiar gurgling of my tummy to start, then the pain, then the runs.

    I have nothing planned, which in many ways is totally invigorating, but could also be seen as exceptionally boring. And the only 'holiday' I am planning for this year is getting back to my Van for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed the anticipated 4th July re-opening of holiday parks does happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would struggle to cut out dairy completely, Sue, as I really like a bit of cheese now and again. Oh, and milk in tea. I've tried soya milk and it tends to curdle. Food intolerances are a nightmare aren't they.
      I know how much you love the Van so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can return there soon.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better and the weight loss does entitle you to a treat. No weight loss here, but we have treated ourselves nonetheless. Our calendar looks much the same and it will be interesting to see what happens when missed dental and chiropractic appts are rescheduled. Thankfully we were able to get haircuts as places here reopened with much restriction. We have no immediate travel plans, except to possibly try and visit out of state family. One planned trip was cancelled and refunded, but we are waiting to learn about another scheduled for Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still no haircuts for us here Beatrice, how I envy you!
      Re the holidays: I think so many people are on tenterhooks either waiting for refunds or for the permission to travel. This year might become a complete no no...

      Delete
  4. I do understand your stress response to the neighbours - I find the Summers so much noisier (and I have good neighbours) - but a blanket of snow and temps around minus -20C do tend to keep people more confined!
    I am getting a few things out of the freezer to cook over the next few days as I want to make some room for some ready meals on Thursday's shop. I am really, really tired of cooking - I might even get myself an order of fish & chips later this week - haven't had a chip in 3 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Margie, fish and chips sounds wonderful! I am heartily sick of cooking!

      Delete
  5. e have no plans for the future as yet only cancelled arrangements, but I am hopeful things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, MM, but I think it will be a while before we can do things on the spur of the moment once more.

      Delete
  6. We have a holiday booked for the end of August but we have decided not to go. I would like to find a cottage later in the year and take Bertie to enjoy a change of scenery. I'm very lucky with my neighbours, we all have quite wide plots and we are all over 55, so no loud parties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The park where we lived before moving here is over 55's only and so much quieter. I think we have been spoiled Tania. Hope you manage to get away with Bertie at some point.

      Delete
  7. We are a bit 'what shall we do too, as we had a week booked the week before last, of course cancelled. So what shall we do now? Family all live away so we're mostly by ourselves, and some days pass before we realise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chris, our lives seem to be in limbo at the moment and time flying by....

      Delete
  8. I think it's noisier now because people are home. I haven't planned any traveling, but am thrilled that I can escape to the cabin in the mountains. I was picked from the lottery for a membership to the country club there with a gorgeous lake. That will make for a very enjoyable summer. I was hoping to travel in the next several years, too. Not in the immediate future. We shall see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely that you have two places to divide your time in and well done for getting membership of the country club! Travelling can maybe wait a while until things settle down.

      Delete
  9. I booked a holiday for the first week of October, timed to fit in with the beaches being opened to dogs. Still unsure whether I'll be able to go; it's in the same county but further west from where I live. But even if allowed to travel, I worry about how well the cottage will be cleaned between bookings. This awful virus has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully the colder weather will have kept your neighbours in for while! I’ve actually got a hair appointment for 6/7! My hairdresser messaged me today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use non organic Alpro soy milk and it doesn't curdel but I find the organic and store brands do. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Planning for pleasant - a walk TO the beach on the less rainy (and COLD) day = weekend plans.
    Just reading about your neighbourly noise stresses me out, and with that, but but, What about the virus, so much worse.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx