Saturday 3 December 2022

Village Affairs at the Weekend

After a pretty boring week, during which the highlight was a visit from DD on Thursday, I was quite looking forward to going into the village today as there was a craft fair going on at the council Chambers from 11am.  I slept badly again last night. I fell asleep easily at 11pm only to wake at 3am and be unable to drop off again. I made a mug of tea at 5.30am and took it back to bed with a book, then turned out the light to get another hour or so before finally getting dressed and starting the day. 

By 10am it was bright and sunny so I took the opportunity to load my shopping bag with Christmas cards to post, library books to return, and a big tin of chocolates for the girls working in the charity shop where I donate the cards I make. Once my bag was empty, I went off to browse the craft fair stalls. There were some beautiful makes; glass tree decorations, felt animals, fabric table mats, cards, calendars etc but I had to resist and limit myself to £1 worth of tombola tickets (none a winner) It was lovely and warm in the building. All that was missing was the chance to buy a coffee ☕

Outside, in the high street, the local care home had a stall selling soft toys and homemade biscuits. They were just 50p each so I bought 2....


I also splashed out £1 for a homemade cake raffle. All in all a very cheering couple of hours out of the house and my purse only £3 lighter 👍

We're only 3 days into December and my pocket money is already dwindling. However, I think I have bought all the Christmas gifts I need to, money is put aside for the GC, and food is being paid for from a different budget allowance.  This leaves me with £53 to last until January 😱 I need to buy petrol for my car out of that, maybe £25 worth, so £28 left for incidentals. Its a jolly good job I have no parties to attend!

Tomorrow evening our Granddaughter is performing in a dance extravaganza at school and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. She's very talented and DD is picking me up in her car so I don't have to worry about driving in the dark.

Thanks for popping in and stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun. You are doing so well staying on your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun morning. :) Those biscuits (they'd be called cookies, over here) look delicious! It's hard to keep to a budget, especially during this time of the year, but, you are doing really well. Hope you have a wonderful evening at your granddaughter's dance performance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx