Thursday 29 December 2022

Christmas, a Non-event and a Sore Eye

Well.... Christmas didn't exactly go as planned.  We went to our Daughter's house on Christmas day to find that our Granddaughter had a severe sore throat and cough.  We had been forewarned that morning by DD but covid tests had come back negative so we risked it anyway.  Our daughter cooked a lovely turkey lunch but GD barely ate anything then fell asleep in the chair.  After lunch our son-in-law also declared he didn't feel 100% and went to bed 😕 We did suggest we went home early but DD was glad of the company, I think, so the TV was turned on and we, and our Grandson, relaxed watching a daft film (Hocus Pocus 2)  After a tasty buffet tea we left around 8pm.

For obvious reasons, our Boxing day get together was cancelled leaving me with lots of food we were never going to eat so I froze what I could and we've been eating up the rest as best we can 😋

One of the nicest presents I received was made for me by a little girl who lives across the road.  It was very special and will be kept in my treasures box and brought out every year.....



On Christmas Eve I noticed that my right eye was feeling sore and it seems to have developed into what Google says is an internal stye.  Wow...is it painful?...yes!!  We managed to find a pharmacy open on Boxing day afternoon but all they would sell me was a box of moisturizing eye drops, of the sort used by contact lens wearers, at a cost of £15.  I am very squeamish regarding eyes so it's been a real struggle to get them in and they haven't helped in the slightest.  I might try a walk-in to the surgery today to ask advice.

New Year 2023 will spur me on to a new challenge, especially as we have all this food left over from Christmas.

A low spend/no spend January is calling, especially as energy bills are so very high and with a small increase due in January.  I have vouchers which I won, G has a Morrisons voucher from work and I have accumulated Nectar points to use, so I'm hoping to spend very little actual cash in January.  I'll post details in a few days.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by the storms in Canada and the US.  Praying that it will resolve very soon.

Thanks for popping in, I hope your Christmas was a good 'un. 

Take care x  

6 comments:

  1. Hope your eye heals soon, it's the time of year for eating leftovers. Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. Happy New year to you and your family too.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, definintely not the Christmas you had planned or hoped for. What a shame. I do hope your eye starts to improve, it's strange but having a sore eye makes you feel so unwell all over doesn't it. Not good at all.

    A low/ spend/no spend January seems to be something a lot of us are planning, thank goodness you won those vouchers and have some back up points and vouchers to help you through the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does, Sue, my sore eye has made me feel really miserable through and through. No joy with the GP either.
      I'm looking forward to my new year challenge to give me something to focus on.

      Delete
  3. So much illness around. All my grandchildren had been poorly before Christmas and Youngest Daughter spent the days coughing.

    Hope you get some help for the eye problem

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx