Monday 11 April 2022

Verdict on Cheesy Hot Cross Buns

I have been asked by fellow bloggers to give my opinion on the M & S Cheesy Hot Cross buns. Well, the only thing that made them hot cross buns was the pastry cross on the top. There the resemblance ended... but... they were a delicious savoury bun 😋 When toasted and buttered they were hot, soft in the middle and extremely cheesy.  I ate one for lunch on Saturday served with peppery rocket and a juicy tomato...... 




I certainly wouldn't pay full price but they were OK for the 92p I paid for them 👍 They would be lovely with a poached egg on top too but would never be a substitute for the sweet version, obviously 😉  G didn't want to try them so 2 have been frozen for another day.

I haven't managed to get my free chocolate egg yet.  In Sainsburys they were priced at £1.25 (need to be £1.50) and the next price point was £4.  I didn't bother buying one because I wouldn't normally spend on an egg and to spend £4 to get £1.50 back seemed silly.  I'll try another supermarket.

Today I needed bread and some salad stuff so £4.83 spent and added to the total below.

Thanks so much for popping in and please be safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

April Food Budget: £69.82 /£200.00

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the report on the buns.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear a report on the buns.

    It is easy to get pulled in by an offer isn't it, but unless you can find an egg for the right price I agree it is silly to spend any more than you need to for something that you wouldn't normally buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, I simply didn't see the point in buying a £4 egg just to get £1.50 back.

      Delete
  3. Well it was hot, and had a cross, I've also heard of chocolate ones. I shall be making a batch of the traditional ones on Friday all being well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the cheesy hot cross buns; the price sounds pretty good, too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx