Thursday 18 November 2021

Roundup For The Week


After G had gone to work on Sunday morning I went to put the kettle on for my morning cuppa and was greeted by this.... 


We have a dishwasher for the first time in 12 years and it was empty, for heavens sake, so why not tidy up his breakfast stuff?? Even my hare looks stunned 😨😡 😂

Progress this week has been:

New light fittings in the sitting room, 

A 2 way switch fitted ( free of charge by the builders) to the lights in the hall so that we can turn them on as we come in the front door and turn them off by the sitting room instead of having to retrace our steps and walk in the dark,

Today the lovely electrician also fitted a double light switch in the sitting room for us for just £20 so that we have the choice of having one set of lights on at a time instead of both together, thus saving money, 

Our dual fuel bill arrived for the month in the sum of £76.26 We are on the standard capped rate so can do nothing yet. Bill paid.

All changes of address notified (as far as we can tell) at last!

My £100 winter fuel allowance has gone into the joint account. G still waiting. 

The last of the brocolli has been harvested from the allotment along with a few delicious Brussel Sprouts 😜

There's not much left growing there now, just sprouts, winter cabbage and a bit of lettuce.  Homemade compost has been spread on the empty beds ready for spring planting.  My back is still painful so I have been unable to do anything to help other than pick sprouts 😬

Stay well everyone x


5 comments:

  1. With a bijou sized kitchen and on my own, my small dishwasher is a godsend. I hate the dirty stuff stacked in a sink waiting for a load to be washed. It's so easy to put stuff staight into the machine. G needs a little (re)training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear! I much prefer a tidy kitchen, potty, and how much effort does it take 🙄 What is it they say about teaching an old dog new tricks?!!

      Delete
  2. Harvey does the same thing. Dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher. His excuse...He doesn't know how I want the dishwasher stacked.

    You are certainly progressing on getting things completed around the house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be stunned if hubby did put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher..just not in his nature...AT ALL! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a dishwasher so I'm used to dirty pots in the sink, but slap his wrist he's a naughty boy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx