Wednesday 17 March 2021

On Penguins, Hospital Mix=ups and Empty Fridges

I had another hospital appointment come through for Monday.  I received two identical letters on Saturday as well as a text message.  I tried to phone through to clarify whether it was for my skin cancer removal or for something else, to no avail.  The lines were constantly busy and I had to give up.  I turned up for my 10.20am appointment with some trepidation, was called through early only to discover that the consultant was no wiser than I was regarding why I had been sent for.  He thought I had requested to see him regarding a problem with a procedure undertaken 5 weeks previously!  We both sighed in exasperation and I was back home by 10.30am 😷 What a waste of money....

G and I decided to take the opportunity to have a walk at Himley Park.  I'm so glad we did.  Someone has left an artwork of a penguin painted on clingfilm wrapped around two tree trunks by the waterfall.  Isn't he beautiful!  The artist is on Instagram it seems but don't use it ......Thank you @Mr_SGE ....



The snowdrops at Himley Hall have now all been replaced by daffodils. they are everywhere and look absolutely gorgeous.  The air was cold but invigorating so we bought coffees to drink in the car after our walk and felt so much better afterwards...... 



 
Today G has gone to the allotment to put in some potatoes and I've collected my 'click and collect' book from the library.  It's called The Salt Path by Raynor Winn and I'm really looking forward to reading it.  I must, however, first finish reading my kindle book: Mum & Dad by Joanna Trollope.  I'm not good at reading 2 books at the same time, I'll get the characters mixed up!

The home delivery of shopping is coming this afternoon and not before time, I think.... 😂



Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

20 comments:

  1. We were talking about The SaltPath on the phone with a friend this morning.It is a really good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I began it yesterday and it's drawn me in instantly....

      Delete
  2. Loved the Salt Path! Am currently on the sequel to it, which so far is equally good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might order that from the library too, Mrs LH, The Salt Path is great so far...

      Delete
  3. I've got The Salt Path on order from the library and funnily enough Mum & Dad is available for me to collect on Friday. We obviously have similar reading tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we do Devon Mum! I'm enjoying the thought provoking Joanna Trollope book very much. Hope you enjoy it too 😊

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your walk. The penguin artwork is lovely. A real surprise but very welcome to see x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth going to Himley when you can, Beverley, the artwork was lovely x

      Delete
  5. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Salt Path" and her following book, too. I always read my Kindle in bed (it's a back-lit one, so don't need a light on) and I'm used to having 2 stories on the go at the same time. Occasionally I confuse the characters, but not too often! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rambler, I simply can't read 2 at the same time! However, I finished my Joanna Trollope (excellent read) and have begun The Salt Path now 😊

      Delete
  6. What a lovely painting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fridge looks so nice and clean...mine is a mess. I need to clean it. That's a shame about the appt. Technology can make things confusing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of The Salt Path. It looks like something that I would enjoy very much. Thanks for the suggestion. Off to read about the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, Debby, and I've ordered the sequel from the library. Hope you get to read it too. Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. The Salt Path is one of my favourite books, if you enjoy it order her second book from the library too, it follows on perfectly. Hope everything is okay with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did order the sequel from the library last week and am next on the list, hopefully. I'm ok thanks Sue, just struggling a bit with pain in my hip and back right now and can't sit for long enough to write a decent blog post. I appreciate you asking though :) xx

      Delete
  10. what a great penguin picture, The salt path was great !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Regular physical examinations, including blood pressure and cholesterol checks, are important for monitoring cardiovascular health and preventing heart-related issues. WasteX biomedical waste

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx