Monday 18 May 2020

Mental Health Awareness Week....Kindness

Who would have guessed that one simple word ' Help' on my last blog post would have brought out so many kind people to offer suggestions, tried and trusted remedies and just plain sympathy for my situation.  Heartfelt thanks go to all of you who responded with alacrity ((HUGS)) to you all.

Today is the beginning of Mental Health Awareness Week and the byword is KINDNESS.
We all need it, especially now with the current situation.  We need it and we need to pass it on to others. Bloggy friends share it in bucket loads, thanks so much!  I found it again on Friday when I couldn't bear feeling so ill any longer and yet again rang the GP's surgery.  This time a wonderful kind, caring and competent lady GP took me seriously.  She listened carefully and decided to get some extensive blood tests done as well as another poo test (yuk!) in order to rule out anything 'nasty' (her words, not mine) as well as prescribing some hydro cortisone ointment containing a little anaesthetic to put on the sore bits. After just a few days I feel somewhat more comfortable at last and can at least sit on a pillow! My blood test is booked for tomorrow morning.  Only one local hospital is doing it to try to limit the risk of Covid and I have an exact time to go to limit exposure.

To try to calm down my IBS I refuse to watch / read about the virus during the day, limiting my interest to the 5pm DOOM bulletin.  I dare not turn on the radio either so am listening to music on U-toob on my tablet.  On there I found Stjepan Hauser who plays cello so beautifully and with such feeling it takes my breath away.  Do try to find him....

This morning I can hear that the builders are back on site and the banging and hammering are such welcome sounds after 2 months of silence.

Are there signs of things returning to normal where you are?

Gratitudes

For the sounds of normality at last to break the alien silence we have endured

For being able to sit at the computer long enough to catch up blog reading and emails

For ALL the kind people in the world.  God bless you all x

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

20 comments:

  1. This is the third mention of kindness on my screen in 24 hours. It is now my word of the week. Thank you for this post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps forgot to say, hope all goes well and that you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been in the wars. Hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Alexia, who we stream music through, no news nobody prattling on, it's bliss, and we choose exactly what we want to listen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you'll soon feel a bit more comfortable. My hubby started back to work today on a construction site after 8 weeks off, being furloughed. He was chomping at the bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so much better news to read today that you found a GP willing to listen, prescribe medication and schedule a further test. Shame on that that earlier one, who I realize may be stressed out as well, but didn't have a caring or listening ear. I hope you continue to feel better and that the tests will help a further diagnosis and treatment. It's a good thing to avoid too much news. I read reports online in the early a.m. and no more during the day. Listening to music is a better choice on how to spend time and movie watching is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beatrice. I do so agree that music is a much better choice than constant news bulletins and that I need to limit my exposure to the crisis. Stay well x

      Delete
  7. Kindness is very appreciated especially in these difficult days. Be well soon and I hope you get the right treatment. I don't watch TV news, it is too disturbing and too biased. I get my info from print, it is easier for me to handle since it doesn't have all the graphic images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much easier when we limit our exposure to the news isn't it Terra. Stay well x

      Delete
  8. It really helps when your doctor is understanding. Things aren't back to normal here, but the garden is thriving. I am just focusing on food, homemaking, dog training, and exercise. I enjoy watching Youtube, too. Take care of yourself. I hope you are not in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun, Sorry that you have been unwell. Glad that it is getting sorted out *hugs* Goldensunflowerx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thrilled you are been seen and will now get sorted out. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Marlene. I hope you are well too. Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do hope you're feeling a lot better and more comfortable in your 'tail end' Do take paracetamol it will help with the haemorrhoid pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, Chris, and it has helped a little, thank you.

      Delete
  13. There is a lot more kindness around at the moment and I so hope it continues to be the case :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be lovely if it did Ann. Perhaps we have learned a valuable lesson because of this crisis. So much human compassion has surfaced of late. Long may it continue 🤗 x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx