Friday 2 August 2019

Making Progress

Thanks so much to everyone who left positive comments on my last post.  You are quite right, it probably is much better to live amongst  people of all ages otherwise we could become older than our years, I think.  Oh, and welcome to my 2 new followers although I can't tell who you are :/  A big welcome anyway :)

The title Making Progress refers to gradually reducing my stash of craft items to manageable proportions at last. I have given away lots of items I no longer need or want to neighbours and charity shops,  and have sold a fair number of my makes on fleabay too.  All the money has been carefully put away for for birthdays, Christmas and emergencies.  I have another craft fair coming up a week tomorrow so I'm having a lovely afternoon crafting whilst G mows the grass.  These are my first makes today and I have lots of ideas buzzing around my head for later on once I've finished this post :)


Do you remember my tall craft cabinet of 6 drawers? Well this is what it looks like now....



The top half has been emptied and is now sitting in the shed ready for G to fill with all the small items (jars of screws, nails, fertilizers etc) that he wants to take to the new house.  I still have lots of craft stash left to carry on with my stash to cash project but I already feel lighter for jettisoning the excess.  I only wish I could do the same for my waistline! Lol....

We have been shopping less and using up the stuff in the store cupboard too.  I want to have to pack up and remove as little as possible in December.  The cupboard looks better already.  Baking tins that I haven't use in an absolute age have either been given to DD or taken to the CS.  The remainder is what I use on a regular basis.  The cupboard has been emptied and thoroughly cleaned too.  What a good feeeling!



G is working on the allotment a little at a time and we have been eating:

Potatoes
Beetroot
Peas
Lettuce
Spring onions
Chard

The sprout plants have been nibbled by caterpillars but are coming along nicely and I hope to be able to eat some around November.  They are one of my favourite veg....I know, I know....some of you hate them but I LOVE them :)

Anyway, stay safe wherever you are ( I do hope you are not being flooded with all this heavy rain)
and thanks so much for popping in x

8 comments:

  1. That's excellent. I need to do some decluttering and organizing, too. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good feeling when you start to declutter, makes life so much lighter and simpler.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good declutter and really should have another one myself as I still have a lot of stuff left from when I used to make cards....yours are lovely by the way.
    I'm with you on the sprouts....I love them.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila and ...Yay!...another sprout lover :) xx

      Delete
  4. Slow and steady wins the race. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive start on the decluttering. I am a fan of sprouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love decluttering, always makes me feel so much lighter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx