Wednesday 14 August 2019

A Haircut and Monster Carrots

Well my hair was cut yesterday by my daughter's friend for just £14 instead of the £26 charged in the village.  After all the lovely comments on my blog regarding hair colour I decided to go for purple...she had run out! I  felt cheated!  Nonetheless, I am pleased with the cut and it will certainly last 6 weeks until my next appointment.  I had a lovely cup pf tea and a chat afterwards with DD and the GC before setting off home to see what G had been up to on the allotment.



He had pulled some carrots for tea.  We have not been successful with carrots at all and G puts it down to not having enough time to prepare the soil properly.  If you look to the left (on G's hand) you can see a tiny carrot, which is the size I like.  I bet the big ones are totally inedible :/


We have been unsuccessful with radishes too.  The first few were lovely but the subsequent ones were tough or eaten away .  However, we have eaten some lovely lettuces and potatoes and the tubs in the garden have produced lots of delicious strawberries.

In our mission to sell or donate stuff we don't need I went to offer a ceramic pot of Calla lilies to our neighbour, as he had admired them, and shut my blooming finger in the metal gate catch. Cor, it came sharp....



A big welcome to Terra, my new follower. Welcome aboard!



The craft fair on Saturday was dismal.  It rained and footfall was poor.  I took £5 which was the cost of the table :(  No one took more than about £20 so I have decided that I will do no more.  I can sell more on the internet than at the fair and can do it from home too, so that's my decision made.  I made a sale of £12 last night whilst watching TV with my feet up!

It's raining at the moment and thunderstorms are forecast for this afternoon so I will pop out to post my sale item before lunch....

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x


16 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    Your hair looks lovely, I have a very similar cut myself, but I am growing a bit longer at the moment. Hope the carrots are ok.
    Have you looked into selling cards on Etsy? perhaps you could bundle them up?
    Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, I find I can handle short hair much better. I hadn't thought about selling on Etsy, that's certainly worth looking into :) Bundles sound good.... xx

      Delete
  2. Hello there,
    Your hair looks lovely!
    I've been reading your blog for ages - I hope you don't mind me saying but you're looking very slim in your photo!
    I've heard on the news today that due to too much rain in the UK and a heatwave in Europe, veg is going to be in short supply! Apparently caulis have been hit hard in the UK so far. I read that Lidl's lettuce have gone up from 42p to something like £1.19. We grow a fair bit ourselves - but mainly carrots/lettuce/toms/spring onions/peppers/potatoes. I think maybe a few brassicas might be a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh gosh Mrs LH, the camera does lie! I could certainly do with losing a few pounds...lol...Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate each and every one who takes the time to read my witterings :) Thanks for the tip re veg shortages, I hadn't heard about it yet. We have started more lettuces off as well as spinach and our sprouts are coming along nicely. There could be a total absence of caulis though...

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks lovely.
    WOW those carrots are monsters. I bet they would be fine in a soup or a stew.
    What a shame about the craft fair but better for you if you can sell from home....no hassle with setting up or anything.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Sheila :) Hmm...I'm thinking stew with carrots is the way to go too xx

      Delete
  4. I agree the carrots will be fine chopped small and made into a soup or added to a casserole. Your hair looks great and brilliant value for money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks good, i do like a short style, but I have mine in a short bob for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely haircut... I like your natural colour and would be tempted to add a couple of tiny streaks of a rainbow of different colours that I could just wash out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I would be brave enough Cherie, but thank you for the compliment x

      Delete
  7. Hair looks good. Have you ordered the colour?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sell my soaps and knits online, too. I love it. I just got an order for six goat's milk soaps today. Sorry that the craft fair wasn't worth it. I hope you get more orders at home. That finger looks very sore, ouch! Those carrots look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely Stephenie, isn't it satisfying when someone buys your makes :) I've never tried goat's milk soap.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx