Monday 12 August 2019

Book Treasure Hunt

I have just found out about a lovely thing going on in our village.  Someone is wrapping books and hiding them around the village for people to find!  They are both for children and adults too.  What a lovely generous thing to do.  I might try to find out more so that I can do a bit of hiding of my own :)
Has anyone come across this before?

We had a bit of good news today too.  Our new home is, at last, up to roof level and we might even have completion by the end of November if the weather holds.  I do hope so :) We are going to see the site agent a week on Thursday to finalise our option choices so exchange might not be too far away after that.  It means that we will have to ratchet up the eBay selling and  decluttering but we are making serious inroads into turning our surplus stuff into cash anyway.  Today I took a carrier bag full of nice stuff into the local Happy Staffy CS.  I'm trying to share out the spoils amongst several charities in the area to make it fair :)

I'm off to have my 6 weekly haircut tomorrow so I can combine that with a lovely visit to DD and the GC.  Now the question is.....do I have purple styling mousse or boring colourless….hmmm....lol...I'll let you know!

Stay safe everyone wherever you happen to be and thanks so much for popping in x

14 comments:

  1. At the age of 70 I am red and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to do with the books, good news about the house, good luck with the sorting out, hope you make lots of extra cash.
    Purple hair sounds nice to me, purple is my favourite colour.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for purple! I had bright pink highlights as a tribute to my aunt at her funeral last week (she had pink highlights) and they went down a treat. Temporary but I'll definitely do them again. Exciting news about your house, and what a great idea (and lovely thing to do) the book thing is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds lovely Sooze, what a lovely tribute to your aunt.

      Delete
  4. I have noticed on our local Facebook page, they are hiding books in our village, I have found a couple which I will pass to the lady who started it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm new here. If they were hiding books around my town, I would be out searching all day! ;) I hope you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you here. I love the story about the dear soul who is wrapping and hiding books around your village. That may be a first! We do have Little Free Libraries all over town, in people's front yards, where you take or give books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you Terra :) Isn't it great to know that people treasure books so much that they are willing to share.

      Delete
  7. I usually donate my books to the local library. That sounds really sweet to wrap them and hide them for people to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our area, Stephenie, the library won't take them so we share them in other ways. On the park where I live we have an old post office storage unit which has been turned into a library for the residents here.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx