Saturday 24 August 2019

A Thank You & A Snowman?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who took the time to comment on my last post.  Your comments were sensitive, sensible and a great comfort to me.  Philip hit the nail on the head when he suggested ( and I paraphrase) to give the benefit of the doubt, 50% of the time I could be wrong but 50% of the time I could be right.  How true.

I seem to have 2 new followers but I can't tell who you are.  A big welcome anyway :)



At the moment there seems to be so much to do.  I'm making lots of lists but have already encountered 2 things I forgot to write down and they are  a)  my bus pass had expired and b) my driving license was due for renewal on my next birthday which is November 1st
I am determined to keep on top of things with the move approaching at the end of the year so went online (go me!!) and renewed my bus pass in a trice.  My license was a tad more complicated (for me anyway) but I managed to do it.  Both bits of plastic arrived this week, yay! Success!

Today I received an email reminding me that my car is due for service.  I might need to delay that for a bit but I certainly can't delay the need for an MOT in December.  On the list it goes....


Now you might think I've flipped at last posting a picture of a snowman on a hot summer's day but when I went to sainsbury's this morning that's exactly what I saw.  I saw a poor chap wearing a snowman costume whilst assisting customers with the self scan checkout.  Who's daft idea was that?
Now, as a crafter, I like to prepare for Christmas early but on principle I don't start until the children go back to school.  1st September is my usual 'get thinking' date.  Whatever next.......

Stay safe everyone wherever you happen to be and thanks so much for popping in x

10 comments:

  1. It feels good to have everything renewed and up to date. Don't you love having a bus pass? I do. It's a paid ticket to everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to keep on top of things my husband hasn't used his bus pass yet, I am still 51 so no good to me yet, but I think when I am older I will take the bus more instead of driving.
    I can't think of the "C" word just yet, the weather is too nice or that, although I did make a few winter purchases at the car boot today.Enjoy the rest of the long weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granddaughters sports equipment for her new school has been purchased this morning so now I can start thinking about Christmas....yay.

    Well done you on getting things renewed online. I loathe filling forms in online for some unknown reason.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas Sheila? Eek!
      The online stuff was surprisingly easy to do and I could track the progress of the application online too. Amazing... xx

      Delete
  4. Well done you on going on line and getting your DL and BP sorted. The internet has made a number of things quicker and you get an instant response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It certainly worked well on this occasion

      Delete
  5. This past year I seem to have a bit more trouble in keeping up with things. I sometimes think that with retirement some of my forward thinking has disappeared.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe we relax more once retired, Jackie, and the passing of days speeds up alarmingly :/

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx