Wednesday 31 January 2018

They call this AFFORDABLE!

A big welcome to my new follower, Marjorie, hello!

Well, my 'Stash to Cash' challenge is now underway.  I have made lots of cards and toppers and the first wave are going live on eBay this evening.  I'm hoping for a few bids to start off the 'cash' bit of my challenge :)   Stuff has been taken to the CS but there is hardly a dent in my stash yet.  February will be a bit awkward with little time to craft so I don't expect any major inroads into the stuff yet.  March should see it pick up a bit....I hope!

As some of you know we have been looking for our 'forever home' for the last couple of years.  We were shocked to get this letter in the post regarding 'Affordable Homes to Rent' in the area...


£242.71 for a one bedroom flat and £267.37 for a two bedroom one and that's PER WEEK! On top of that would be council tax as well as other things.  OMG I think we are being totally priced out of the market.  We don't want to claim any benefits as we have always been independent but our total monthly income won't cover the cost of even a one bed flat :/
Ideally we would like to buy a small bungalow but I can't see it happening.  Dream on....dream on...

The weather today is freezing cold but, at last, the sun has come out (2.30pm) and I can feel a bit of warmth coming through. 

Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x





7 comments:

  1. We own our own home and I would love to move but what we could sell this house for and what it would cost to buy another house means we are stuck here now. We couldn't afford to buy anything outright and we would neither get nor want to take on another mortgage at this stage in our lives.
    I'd really love to move a bit nearer to town so that I can be a bit more independant as I don't drive.
    It's a nightmare isn't it?
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be worth having a look at shared ownership, I don't know a lot about it but worth doing a bit of research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We own our home but now there are just the 2 of us in a 3-bed semi we've looked into downsizing. Guess what - can't afford it! Crazy prices for a tiny house in a not bad area. One day....in my dreams! The difference in house prices in different parts of the UK is silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy money for a flat. We would like to move nearer to our daughters and this would cost us another £100K. We could sell our investment property that we rent but that would reduce our income. We are hoping the last lot of shares we have pay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Property in Nunthorpe... the posh bit of Middlesbrough is very reasonable and it is a lovely place to live.. £150,000 will buy a very nice property with great transport links.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx