Friday 26 January 2018

The Challenge Begins

Oh my....I had a terrible night's sleep.  I was tired, lay down in bed at 10pm and... PING!... I was wide awake.  I must have dropped off around 2am but slept fitfully so that I felt really drained this morning.  My joints were aching so I got up to take paracetamol yet still couldn't drop off . What was that all about?

Anyway, it's a good excuse to relax and craft today.  I have made a start on using up my stash....


I have a batch of 22 cards ready for the CS, which I will drop in tomorrow, so a potential £22 minimum for the charity.  I can't count that in my 'Stash to Cash' challenge, obviously, so I am still on the starting blocks moneywise.  It's going to take some time to make and list items to sell and I don't have a craft fair until March but it's all systems go!!

Anyone else in craft mode?

Stay safe everyone xx

13 comments:

  1. I am going to be super good this year and start my Christmas cards early, like next month. I have been pulling out bits to make my sisters birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas? Crikey you *are* good! Just don't be like me and forget where you put them ;)

      Delete
  2. I am working on a quilt for my Grandson but it won't be finished anytime soon I am doing it all by hand. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand sewing a quilt is hard work but it will be lovely.. a real heirloom MM.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to summon up the enthusiasm for listing some craft stash on ebay but not sure I can be bothered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a while, Sue, and no guarantee of a sale I know.

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards I'm sure the charity shop appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards. I have just finished knitting up all my scrubby yarn so am stocked for gifts for this year. I also crocheted many with netting but it is tough on my hands. Those are going to a friend who gave me a reindeer hide to make mitts and a hat for one of my sons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marjorie, gosh you're organised! I imagine the hide is quite difficult to sew with? I can't crochet, I'm afraid, but might try at some stage.

      Delete
    2. Sharp scissors and figuring out the nap. I will experiment with regular fabric first to check the pattern. I have a friend who learned to make them from the Inuit so she has taught me how to tack and hand-sew them. I prefer working with just the skins. Crochet is great as it is easier to abandon and start up again than knitting.

      Delete
  6. pretty cards, i'm in knitting craft mode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am challenging myself to make £100 from crafting this year! I thought Etsy but now you have mentioned it I will look on ebay too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx