Wednesday 1 November 2017

Another Milestone & A Bargain

Crikey... November 1st.... another new month and a step closer to Christmas.  For me it's a special day because....
I have stopped counting the years (whispers 68 of them!) and I'm just counting the joys instead. I've received some wonderful cards and OH is treating me to a meal out tonight with DD and her family and tomorrow night I'll be seeing my lovely brother & his wife too.  We have eaten home prepared meals from the freezer on Monday & Tuesday so no real cooking until Friday.  Now that's what I call a birthday treat!!

We popped out to buy fuel yesterday and whilst at Sainsbugs I used some of my Nectar points on wine for Christmas.  They had an offer on of 25% off 6 bottles, which I was happy to take advantage of :) so, by using £22.50 worth of points, 6 bottles cost me the princely sum of 82p  They will not be drunk before Christmas and one or two might be given as gifts, repeat....they will NOT be drunk before Christmas, they will NOT be drunk before Christmas :)

Have a lovely day everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

12 comments:

  1. We did the same for our wine, Tesco had the same deal. Happy birthday, sounds as if you are going to have fun, it must be a good month, mine is next week, just a few years younger than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene, and happy birthday for next week!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! It's my Mum's birthday today too - she's 79.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday.
    Hope you have a lovely meal out.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Angie have a wonderful day.
    You are a Scorpio woman just like me, mine is coming up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday in advance Marlene. Scorpio women are strong and resourceful, aren't we ;) x

      Delete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday from Janice in soon to be (tonight) snowy W. Canada!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice! Snow...brrr...but how exciting. I like first snow but then get fed up with it when I have to venture out :) Stay warm!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx