Tuesday 24 October 2017

Matters of Nectar and Bugs

Isn't it strange how you can go for months without feeling at all off colour then it's one thing after another, after another? OH picked up a nasty cold virus which he has very kindly passed onto me. Now he's back to being boing-y and energetic (well as much as a 67 year old can be) and I feel like death warmed up.  I felt it coming on, on Saturday evening when I developed a stingy feeling in my throat.  I was the emergency help, due to take GS to his football match on Sunday morning so I had to hide my feelings of lethargy and stand for 2 hours on the cold and windy pitch.  I expected to feel like cr*p but the match was exciting (and I don't really like football!) GS played brilliantly and his team won 5-0 so I quite enjoyed it.  I simply don't get all this shouting and yelling instructions and with a sore throat it was as much as I could do to hold a conversation, but it was very enjoyable.  I just hope I haven't passed my cold onto GS or anyone else :/

On matters of Christmas shopping....

A couple of weeks ago Sainsbugs had a Nectar points giveaway so I went to their service station to put my £10 worth of fuel in my car and look what I got....


I was amazed and delighted to win 5000 points worth a whopping £25!!  I popped into the store to buy a few items and to scan my winning points voucher and got another 200 points worth £1!


This made over £55 worth in total....
 
 
I have since spent £12.50 of my points on two lovely small gifts to take off my Christmas list, so effectively another 2 FREE gifts although I can't say what they are as someone might read my blog and it will spoil the surprise.  I still have £43 left and I will spend them carefully.....
 
 
Back on the subject of teabags, I bought some Mr M's every day tea and when I counted the teabags (yes, I know I lead a very sad life) there were exactly....40 !!! Hooray!!



Well my headache is subsiding a little, my cough is rattling but No sore throat, thank goodness.  It's time for PJ 's and Autumnwatch on the telly. 

Have a lovely evening and thanks everso for popping in x

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have both been unwell, that is true when you get one thing and are immune system and energy levels are low it is easy to pick up something else isn't it, get well soon.
    Well done on your nectar points xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with the nectar points, what a wonderful bonus. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with my win. Thank you MM x

      Delete
  3. There are loads of bugs going around, I hope you feel better soon. I keep going down with bugs, but I fear Will is passing them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous haul of Nectar points.
    Get well soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. We won £25 worth of points last year, it's a great boost isn't it!

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you! It was great as I only spent £10 on fuel to get them, so it really is random. It cheered me up no end :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx