Saturday 25 November 2017

Checkout Chuckle

Sorry for being absent for so long but life has been getting in the way in a BIG way.  I can't explain in a public blog but we have had bereavements, one of which shocked me to the core.  I am still devastated  but need to get back to normality....

I have just read Ilona's fantastic Black Friday blog post (Mean Queen) and agree with every word she says.  I too ignore Black Friday, which has somehow turned into a whole week of 'bargains' which I neither want, need nor can afford.  I am deleting Black Friday emails unread so that I am not tempted, any flyers through the letterbox go straight into recycling.  I only intend to buy carefully planned Christmas gifts.  So far I am well within my budget and, in the main, have finished my gift shopping.  All that remains is to stock the fridge and freezer so that we are not caught out by any really bad weather.  We will have some Christmas treats too.

On a different note (sorry about the pun!) I hate the new polymer notes, do you? When I did the 'big shop' at Mr M's on Monday I handed over what I thought was £40 only to be handed back £10 as two notes had stuck together.  I thanked the checkout assistant profusely for her honesty just as she handed me a till-printed coupon for a free eye test at Specsavers!! 'Nuff said!  We both rolled about laughing....

Take care everyone and stay warm x

10 comments:

  1. So sorry, sounds like you've had a bit of a rough spell - it's nice to see you back here though, I didn't spend a penny on Black Friday deals neither - just spent the day sewing making a matching shopping bag, make up bag and purse as a Christmas present for someone - so saved money instead of spending it.....makes more sense to me - sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudie, hugs much appreciated right now. Your make sounds lovely, lucky recipient :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to read about your recent bereavements. Sending love and strength, it must be such a difficult time for you.
    No Black Friday shopping here either. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've had sad events recently.
    Only food shopping done here yesterday, nothing else needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx