Monday 13 October 2014

Kindness and Homelessness

First of all I want to thank my followers old and new for bearing with me whilst I try to understand all this technology stuff. Welcome: Frugal in Derbyshire, flourgirl and  Deb; thanks to Chickpea for being patient, and many, many thanks to Simple Living and Pam for your very helpful advice. 

As I write this tonight the rain is lashing down and outside it is very cold and miserable.  It's on nights like this that I worry about the homeless.  I wonder how they are coping.  Have they found shelter? Can they spend a dry night anywhere?  All the old places they could possibly have used seem to be barred or locked up.  On occasions, canal boats near us have been broken into and slept in which is not nice for the owners but I hope the culprit slept soundly and moved on. 

We are here indoors, warm, fed, and listening to the rain.  I find it comforting but realise how lucky we are.  When the children were at school I could never settle down until they were home, especially in the wintertime.  I loved it when the family were back and I could draw the curtains, bolt the door and keep us safe.

If only everyone could do that....

4 comments:

  1. One of the saddest and hopeful sights that I have seen was a young woman living on the street in Kings Lynn, she was underfed but her little dog was well looked after. Eventually she found somewhere to live and started working at an animal rescue centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same the other day, I am grateful for all we have, people just appreciate the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone can find themselves homeless for all sorts of reasons. When I see a Big Issue seller I always buy one. It is an excellent scheme to help people to help themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. Chickpea is so right in that it can happen to any of us but it's heart warming, Pam, that the lady got herself back on her feet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx