Tuesday 3 November 2020

With a Resigned Sigh....

Here we go again....lockdown for a month.  I'm not going to articulate why I think this has come about because most of us know why and I have an awful feeling that it will be extended until 2 weeks before Christmas so hey ho.....a new plan.

Thank you so very much for all the comments and good wishes (again) on my last post.  It must be quite depressing to read my ramblings right now so I am extra grateful for you lovely people for taking the time to read and comment 😄

This post will be a POSITIVE one!  (big pants at the ready Marlene!!)

Hopefully we are all better prepared this time with cupboards and pantries, fridges and freezers stocked with essentials to last the 4 weeks or even longer. I am lucky to have a food delivery tomorrow and also one booked for the following week so I'll bulk up next week's order as necessary in case of shortages.

I have just taken delivery of 2 new books delivered by post as the library will again be closed. I did check the library list for the Richard Osman one and I was 125th on the waiting list.  It must be good!



I have ordered a couple of Christmas gifts to be delivered by post too so I don't need to brave the shops anytime soon, even when they re-open at some point.

G and I will spend our time pottering in the garden and allotment (weather permitting) picking chard and calabrese while it lasts and planning what to grow in Spring.  Our seed order is on it's way and we have raspberry canes and a blackberry bush due sometime later, not sure exactly when. I will, read and knit as I have some yarn stashed in a box (somewhere) since the move, watch TV in the evenings only, make my Christmas cards and simply sit it out.

Our hospital appointments will come at some point so it's not worth worrying about them.  And my hair?  Pfft...I've been here before and survived 😅

Are you better prepared this time?

Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

24 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Thursday murder club, not read the other one. We are having a couple of sunny days, so garden is tidy until the next windy point, I'm lucky I can spend time in my greenhouse, its still warm inside, I don't have much to do, but enjoy looking at my plants. Big pants are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! ;)
      Isn't it great to still have a bit of sun now and again Marlene x

      Delete
  2. I have just been to our mobile library, and Stan says he doesn't think they will close. He has had no notification of closure. The council see it as essential services, like schools, part of education. Maybe different rules in different areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found out that click and collect is the way to go at the library..yay!

      Delete
  3. I've just been to do my mum & dad's weekly shop. It was all very calm, plenty of stocks including toilet rolls. Tesco have put a 3 item limit on essentials anyway, so hopefully enough to go around. M&S has gone back to queuing outside again (and it's cold today), but once in plenty of stock. When will it all end!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven only knows Mrs LH. We are all a bit fed up of it now aren't we...

      Delete
  4. I'm expecting to hear that the mobile library here will be garaged again, so I'll miss Novembers delivery.
    The Richard Osman one has over 500 people waiting list with 130 copies on order! I didn't add myself.
    Well done for the Big Pants - feeling very low myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are feeling a bit better by now, Sue, though it does grind you down at the mo.

      Stay safe x

      Delete
  5. You sound ready. The deck is now stained for winter, which is a relief. I'm glad that you have plenty of food for the lockdown. Library books and movies are wonderful, too. I'm picking up my box of produce from the co-op on Friday. Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have a few things I need to order mostly craft supplies and a couple of books to download onto my ereader. Getting ready for what could be a lockdown here as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you like Milly Johnson, I'm sure you'd also love Jessica Redland's Whitsborough Bay series (plus her book Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes , and Alison Sherlock's Willow Tree Hall series. I only discovered them both recent;y and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eloise, I'll look them up. It's always good to have recommendations.

      Delete
  8. I think most of us are well and truly out of our comfort zone at the moment. I have lots of bits I can be getting on with and like you books at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am much better prepared this time ... when Alan says "Do you want me to cut your hair for you?" I will say "NO, never, bugger off"!! Well that's of course if I ever get to see him again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's priceless, Sue, thank you!! Laughing my socks off here....

      Delete
  10. Like the plants in your allotment we all need space between us for the air to circulate or we spread this Covid too. IF we could all just do this for a month or so and it subsided greatly, we would at least have proof on our side that it helps and others would see it working and do it as well. I am in the U.S.
    Just trying to live a good life and hope for the best. We can't control others behavior. So we need to be more alert to it.
    Have a wonderful Sunday. I hope to nap later or sooner for you.:) Take care. Prepared as best as one can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Gemma's person, we can only do what we feel to be right.
      Take care, stay safe x

      Delete
  11. I dashed up to my favourite garden centre the day before lockdown to stock on the considerable amount of bird food I get through each week and then found out a day into lockdown that the garden centres are open this time! I think the starlings are doing a quiet chuckle behind their wings, as are the goldfinches, sparrows, blue tits, robin.. the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny Ann! At least the birds will be well fed...lol...
      Stay safe x

      Delete
  12. Where I live at this minute we are not in lockdown. It changes minute by minute though, so who knows? I am better prepared, as you asked, and have lots of toilet paper and disinfecting wipes, and flats of bottled water, hand sanitizer, etc. Beer and chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course beer and chocolate Terra! We are all a little wiser this time around, I think.
      Stay safe x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx