Sunday 15 November 2020

On Finance & Being Grateful

 The weather doesn't seem to know what to do with itself today.  I awoke to torrential rain at 8am, then the sun came out, disappeared once more and now it's beautiful again, if a bit windy.  I've done my morning chores, emptied the bin, put out the recycling, washed up including my flower vase which I used for my birthday flowers ( I just realised I never said I had a birthday on 1st November) and put on a load of washing.  Lunch will be a gravy meal so quite straightforward, then I can relax this afternoon.  G has the day off for once so we can relax together 😊

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post.  I do appreciate it.

PM

Oh dear.... I began this post this morning and had to postpone publishing...... It's now 2pm, raining again and G has just gone off to the allotment and I quote " just for a look" 👀  I have no idea what he can actually look at because all our produce has finished!  I think he would rather be at work than relaxing at home!

On a different subject, yesterday I reviewed the finances after receiving a letter from DWP confirming that we have each been granted £100 Winter fuel allowance.  I never take it for granted and wouldn't have been surprised under the circumstances to find that we didn't get it this year.  At this moment in time, when people are furloughed or losing their jobs, I am incredibly grateful that we have the state pension and now the fuel allowance.  We are now on mains gas too so I no longer have to watch the gauge on the tank and worry that a) we don't have the funds to fill the tank or b) the tanker can't through to us because of bad weather.  We can relax and stay warm.  

Things to sort out:

1) the house insurance is due early next month so I need to get quotes

2) my car is due it's MOT on 15th Dec so need to decide where to take it

3) our energy fix ends at the beginning of January so I need to look out for a similar deal

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x

9 comments:

  1. The weather been pretty awful here too. It did get brighter for a couple of hours this afternoon. I've just changed my energy supplier to Eon through Uswitch and so far its been painless. The Smart Meter home energy display unit supplied by my previous provider Scottish power never worked properly and I got fed up complaining. Its worked perfectly with Eon...CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes.

    I don't qualify for the winter fuel allowance this year as I have to wait another year for my state pension. I am slightly anxious about the heating costs this year but am sure I'll manage.

    The weather can't make up it's mind here either. Today we've had the pleasure of torrential rain, sunshine and blue skies, gales, and this morning started out misty and damp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter fuel allowance! That sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum & dad are also pensioners and have just received their winter fuel payment too, which they're grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A winter fuel allowance sounds wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound very positive and thankful and wisely planning things for Winter. There's much doom and gloom around blogland at the moment, so it's refreshing to read a post about someone just getting on with things.

    And you are very naughty sneaking a birthday in without telling us ... I hope you had a good day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's good news. I'm glad that you received it. It's nice to know that you will be warm and comfortable through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. best-tablet-for-reading-and-annotating-pdf

    ReplyDelete
  9. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Saham Aplikasi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx