Tuesday 9 July 2019

Nature's Bounty and the Cherry Fair / 1940's Weekend

I was going to tell you all about our decision on the new house but, following on from yesterday's post,  yesterday afternoon turned into a lovely warm one so we took a trip to the allotment to give it all another good watering and to photograph the plants in more detail.

I picked some chard for our tea tonight...


The onions are motoring along...


Lush, tender lettuce (the one I brought home had the added protein of slug...yuk...I washed it 3 times to be sure.....lol)


The sprout bed complete with string and shiny CDs...


 Whilst there we dug up another potato plant and will eat these little tasties tonight with butter, the steamed chard and cod mornay......


The soil is VERY dry and powdery and will need some work to get more water retentive properties into it, but it's working well for now.  The grassy area is full of purple clover which I haven't seen for years and years.....


Changing the subject entirely, I spotted this poster at the Bewdley Museum last week. It's the Cherry Fair and 1940's weekend this month.  I know there are lots of you out there who love this kind of thing.  I do too.  I would like to go to it but won't know until nearer the time whether or not I can.  If the weather behaves it should be a fantastic event...


Stay safe everyone, and thanks for popping in x

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried Swiss chard but aren't the colours of it gorgeous?
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look lovely Sheila. This one is Rhubarb Chard and it was delicious and tender just wilted down in a pan xx

      Delete
  2. Those potatoes look so good...nothing beats the flavour of freshly dug potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lovely MM and held together in the water beautifully.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx