Sunday 15 April 2018

Stash To Cash Update And Lovely Weather

Thank you to everyone who took the time and trouble to comment on my last post.  I really appreciate it :)

Yesterday was a beautiful day weatherwise.  The sun shone and I threw open all the windows in the house when I got back after the craft fair.  I think the beautiful weather must have tempted people to go off for the day because attendance at the fair was, sadly, abysmal.  After deducting the cost of the table I was just £5.40 in pocket :(  Despite the poor attendance I enjoyed the morning very much.  The other crafters are lovely and happy to share ideas as well as discussing other possible venues in the locality.  A bit of good news is that I am to be featured in the village magazine!  They do a monthly 'Featured Artist' article and I am to be in the May issue.  Woohoo! My 5 minutes of fame at last!

Other good news is that OH's tooth socket is much more comfortable now and we can, at last, eat some proper food :)  The family came for tea today (at short notice) but I managed to rustle up a sausage casserole using the last 4 sausages from the freezer, a couple of onions, a green pepper and a couple of carrots.  All slapped into the slow cooker this morning with a packet spice mix and left to it's own devices.  There were also 2 portions of veg chilli in the freezer for us girls.  I made a quick rocky road type cake bar too.  I happened to have a bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge as well as 2 cans of cider (50p each YS'd) and 2 small Scottish Lager (YS'd to 30p) It all went down very well :)  The fridge and freezer are now pretty empty so it will be a 'big' shop tomorrow.  I think we need some fish and perhaps some chicken for OH.  Veg will feature quite heavily too and maybe some Quorn.

That's all for now as I want to watch The Durrells and the Good Karma Hospital on TV.
Stay safe everyone and thanks so much for popping in x

Total of Stash to Cash updated below...

Stash To Cash £34.90

PS It's started raining again....boo....

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear the fair didn't go as well as hoped but what a great bonus to feature in your local magazine and its always nice to mic with like minded people and learn from them. The sausage casserole sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't give up, MM, and I am very excited about the magazine feature :)

      Delete
  2. Craft fairs can be so hit and miss and it's hard to know what can be done. Keep going though and hopefully all will come right in the end. Fab news about being in the magazine :)
    Yay for OH's improvement. He must be so relieved.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited, Sheila, about being featured. Maybe next month's turnout will be better. Thanks too for your comments regarding the toothy troubles. He is, indeed, feeling much more positive about the outcome. I think it's chicken for tea tonight!! Xx

      Delete
  3. I have started sewing for a craft fair later in the year, it's fun to have a reason to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is :) Good luck with your own venture x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx