Saturday 22 August 2020

Windy Wet Week

We have had an awful lot of rain over the last week.  Far from cooling things down, it just made us even more sticky with the humidity.  When the rain and thunderstorms finally blew themselves out by Thursday we went to the local park for a long walk.  Crikey, we were both puffing like steam trains when we were walking up the steep incline to the woodland walk!  I'm sure we have both lost muscle tone over the period of lockdown.  G is back at work now so should recover a little but I feel I'm on a downward slope.  My weight is still 10lbs less than in February.  As I'm still not going far from the house I have no idea how to build up my stamina again.  A weekly long walk simply won't hack it and I have nowhere else to walk other than along the main road alongside traffic fumes and dog walkers, and with joggers to dodge.  How I long for the country walks along the canal where we lived until Last December :(

Anyhow, I'm still paying attention to what we eat.  We need healthy options.  I'm not baking much in the way of cake because it gets left and it's been too hot to think about food, much less put the oven on!  We had very high winds again yesterday.  Winds which blew things around the garden, including the plants in pots, but it's now calmed down a little and is cool and comfortable.

Today, I'm catching up with housework, online banking, and budgeting (long overdue) whilst G is at work.  I'm hoping to do a little crafting this afternoon.  I've had a few online craft sales this week so want to keep up the momentum.

What are you doing this weekend?

Thanks so much for popping in,
Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x

14 comments:

  1. Welcome,I did leczo, red pepper,onions,zucina, yellow peas and a little ham ,water and olio,delicious and healthy,greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled Leczo and it looks delicious. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. It gets difficult as we age to do all the things we should. I know we should exercise more but I'm not sure if it actually makes us feel worse.
    I'm with you regarding the heat, I just can't take much more of this sticky weather, Tom doesn't get hot like I do, lucky him.
    It's sunny here in Brighton at the moment but the sky looks like it will chuck it down any moment. Have a nice weekend.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's dull here again today too, Briony, rain is in the air. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are having some online craft sales, long may they last. Always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MM, I'm grateful for any sales now that my craft fairs have been cancelled UFN.

      Delete
  4. Do you have somewhere you could put a treadmill? We have one in the garage but I only use it in the winter when it's to icy out to walk the fields with Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Tania, unfortunately there's no room here at all for one and we have no garage :(

      Delete
  5. Look up pulmonary physio exercises. Fairly easy and inside and have some music on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are chair excersize programs. All done in or on a chair. A video might encourage you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion Gemma. I think I really need to increase my heart rate though so seated exercises will have a limited benefit. However....anything is better than nothing!

      Delete
  7. There are chair excersize programs. All done in or on a chair. A video might encourage you .

    ReplyDelete
  8. a step machine? I use a step in the garden. 120 each time, but not every day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx