Thursday 14 November 2019

FREE (Or Almost Free) Stuff & The Weather

Yes, I'm still here folks.  I'm still chewing my nails (metaphorically speaking) and waiting for a completion date but a couple of things happened which I would like to give you a 'heads up' on.  When we shopped in Sainsburys this morning we only had a few items and went through the self scan checkouts.  As I was passing through I saw a big cardboard display box with crisps in marked at 1p each.  What?  I took a backward step and picked out 3 packs (the maximum per customer) and sure enough they scanned at 1p each.....



The baked crisps were delicious, we had a pack each with a cup of tea this afternoon. Oh, and they are suitable for vegetarians.  It pays to keep your eyes open if you have a Sainsburys near you.....



Yesterday, I went with DD to the Merryhill shopping centre and we were queuing in Matelan to pay for some Christmas gifts she had chosen.  A friendly member of staff made her way down the queue handing out Galaxy choc bars to the adults.  What a lovely gesture.  I've saved mine until I get a craving for some sweet stuff.  I could do with losing a few pounds and I'm trying to resist but it's very hard.....




The weather here is absolutely appalling.  It's been raining nonstop since yesterday evening and everywhere is flooded.  The canal is within an inch of overflowing and the Stour is running high, fast and furious.  I feel so very sorry for people whose homes are flooded in Derbyshire and elsewhere.  It's devastating for them.  On the other side of the world, Sydney is on high alert for the first time ever because of the dreadful fires.  There are fires in the district where my Son is working and he says his eyes sting and his chest hurts when he is outside.  Our DiL and little Granddaughter are having to stay in their home because of the risk of smoke inhalation too.  P says they will be fine but I do still worry about them so much.

What's the weather like where you are? I hope you are ok.

Stay safe everyone wherever in the world you happen to be x


10 comments:

  1. I love a freebie, nice to have a free treat and crisps for 1p it doesn't get any better than that.
    All the best with the move, hope the set back gets sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are quite lucky here on the Essex coast. We are very flat but no flooding. If only we could send this wet weather over to Oz to put out the fires! Bargain crisps and crummy chocolate, what's not to like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we *could* send some over Tania, that would help so many people in California as well as Oz.

      Delete
  3. Freebies are awesome, and your crisps could qualify for that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisps at 1p a packet and free chocolate? How lucky are you! Whenever I see real bargains, they're never so ' naughty'! The fires in Australia are terrible, I do hope your son and family are safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Ann, he has messaged me to say they are ok at the moment. It's such a relief.

      Delete
  5. I have a friend near those fires, and he is saying the same thing. We are having gorgeous weather here in California at the moment, thankfully. Those are amazing deals that you found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this post.

    Hoping that you are moved ans settling into your new home now.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx