Friday 1 June 2018

A Lovely Day Out

First of all, a warm welcome to Jane, my new follower, hello! :)

It was such a lovely day yesterday (although very humid) that we decided to meet the family at the Black Country Living Museum.  The kids are off school for a week so needed occupying.  OH and I already had an annual pass giving us free entry so OH paid for a family pass for DD, SiL and the GC. (EDIT just realised that OH paid half the cost for the family...oops..sorry!)  It cost £46 for a family of 4 which sounds expensive but it gives access to the Museum as many times as you like for a whole year. The kids really enjoyed themselves, even taking a trip down the mine, so I can see them getting real value for money over the Summer as it's not too far for them to travel to.   I couldn't face the mine so we went into the Dudley Canal Trust area (free entry!) and treated ourselves to a trip under the canal tunnels.  I wore my fleece on the narrowboat as it's chilly in the caverns but we certainly had to strip off again afterwards. Phew...This is me with my 'Bob The Builder' safety helmet on....


OH didn't want his photo taken but I snuk in a tiny glimpse of him in the bottom right hand corner (red fleece)…..




I would love to learn how to paint barge ware roses but the course is full at the moment, maybe next time if I'm quick.....


Inside the Canal Trust Museum is a giant mammoth.  How scary would it have been to come across one of those!


We spent around 5 hours at the museum in total and only saw a tiny proportion of all there is to offer.  I do suggest taking some food and drink with you though. It can cost an arm and a leg if you don't.  As it was, we ended up buying fish and chips (OH and I shared a portion) and extra drinks. Another visit will definitely be on the horizon very soon methinks.

During the night we had a torrential rainstorm and I heard distant thunder around 1am, but this afternoon has turned out muggy, sunny and rainwashed.  OH is sowing vegetable seeds of some sort in pots in the garden so there could well be a veggie growing post tomorrow :)

Stay safe everyone and thanks everso for popping in x

8 comments:

  1. We do annual NT membership for our two children and their families and ourselves,of course.We say it their wedding anniversary present so it saves us having to think of something to buy them!We are also Friends of Ness Gardens on the Wirral.It means we can pop in for just half an hour at any time.Great value for money.
    The Black Country Museum looks really good.I must Google to see if it is a possibility for a day trip from North Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NT membership is a brilliant idea! I do hope you can make the museum visit. It's well worth it.

      Delete
  2. Loved the Black Country Museum. Been twice, once when we were on a canal holiday we moored and just walked in!
    Would love to go for their WWII weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not been to The Black Country Museum for years....I think since my two were children. I'm thinking it would be a good place to take Ruby when she comes to us for a week in the summer holidays.
    Thank you for reminding me as I was having a job of deciding where to take her.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Ruby would love it Sheila. They have added so much to it over the years and there are special events for kids during the school holidays. The school will be open for classes so that Ruby can see what it used to be like, and there are vintage toys to try like hobby horses and metal hoops. I do hope you can make it :) xx

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to the Black Country Museum...hopefully one day we shall. Glad you enjoyed your visit with the family. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you WER, I do hope you can make it in the not too distant future x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx