Tuesday 13 March 2018

Empty Shelves and Bargain Meat

We went to Mr M's yesterday to do the food shopping and I was quite shocked to see how empty the shelves were.  I needed 4 pints of skimmed milk and there was none.  The cheese shelves, butter and cream were also almost empty.  What is going on?  Has the weather had such a knock-on effect that supplies are low?




I spotted these little pottery wellies planted with a small Kalanchoe...half price at £1.50  They just fell into my trolley, I'm afraid :)



We snagged a British meat pack for OH for £10 which contained a fair size pork loin, 8 sausages, some beef mince and some cubed beef.  It all looked very fresh....

 
 
When we got home we immediately unpacked it.  I can't stand touching meat (certainly not without wearing rubber gloves) so OH cut 3 decent size slices from the pork (packed for the freezer)



6 of the sausages were similarly packed and frozen, keeping 2 back for a breakfast buttie, and the mince and beef cubes also packed into boxes and frozen. I reckon the meals will be:

Shepherd's pie (2 portions)
Beef slow cooked stew (2 portions minimum)
Pork chops (3 portions)
Sausages (either made into a casserole or eaten as they come 3 portions)
The rest of the pork loin was roasted for tea last night, leaving enough for a sandwich for OH this lunchtime as well as another roast dinner tomorrow ie 3 portions

Total 14 meals (including sandwiches) which should be enough to satisfy OH's meat cravings for a whole month.



Fundraising news..... I can add an eBay sale of £16.12 after fees...yay! DD will get a lovely birthday present :)

Stash To Cash £29.50
eBay     £20.37

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day xx

8 comments:

  1. There were definitely gaps on the shelves at T***o when I went yesterday....tinned tomatoes and baked beans which were on my list.
    I didn't go down the dairy aisle except for the top end where the milk is......and no bargain meat for me as there wasn't any...lol.
    That looks a fabulous pack that you got.

    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Morrisons was the same, I don't know why as Asda was well stocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We seem to have a problem still with bread supplies in our Asda, one of those cute little planters fell in my trolley as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up here in the NE of Scotland we had empty shelves, my wine! But 2 days and everything was packed out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tesco didn't have milk the other day. Never known that before

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear I need some milk tomorrow - hope somewhere has some

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps a knock on effect of farmers having to pour away their milk during the snow...this could explain the dairy shortage anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Tesco had big gaps in the freezer section. I wanted some frozen peas but the only frozen veggies they had were Brussels Sprouts, literally no other veggies. And there were only about two dozen tubs of icecream. The only freezers fully stocked were the special offer ones at the end of the aisle very strange :-(

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx