Monday 6 July 2015

Snails, Storms, Crafts and Bruises

When I woke this morning I found I had a little visitor! It was a good opportunity to take a closer look at how snails move, the answer being v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y :)  I had to remove him though because I didn't want snail slime even further up my window.  He lives to slime another day.....


Yesterday was very mixed weather wise; cool yet with sunny spells but it would suddenly go very dark and the rain would pelt down for a while only for the pattern to repeat.  We had thunder and lightning too in the afternoon.  As I had the house to myself, it was an opportunity to do a bit of crafting and relax.  I have so many birthday and other events coming up so I began card making.

A graduation card.....

 
 
A neighbour's birthday (male).....


These were made using Jane Shasky images which are printed on glossy paper and really beautiful......




And a get well card.....

Whilst I was crafting I sorted a bit of washing as I thought I could dry a load of thin stuff on the clothes horse. The lid on my linen bin has broken off so it was just resting on the top with a pile of OH's 'house clothes' on top :/   I lifted the lid off the bin with one hand whilst holding washing with the other and the lid just kind of flipped downwards bending my middle finger with it.  OUCHY!

 
As you might see, it bruised immediately despite putting Arnica on it and this morning it's an impressive shade of purple.  Fortunately, it doesn't really hurt which is great because I have food shopping to do and, as I have the stirring of arthritis in my hands anyway, I can do without them hurting more than usual.  I am just delicate!  I think the moral of the tale is fix the linen bin!  One just can't get good staff these days, can one....lol...
 
Anyway, thanks for popping in and have a great day whatever you're doing x
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. The cards are lovely and I just adore the Humming Bird one. I swear by Arnica, it may not stop my bruises but it does stop the pain and helps with the swelling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx