Saturday 4 July 2015

Relief With a Bang!





photo from Google
 
 

Wow, it has been hot here over the last few days. Wednesday evening/Thursday morning saw me up at 2.45am not having had a wink of sleep and wandering round in my shortie Pj's (not a pretty sight!)trying to find a cool spot.  Thankfully, Thursday and Friday were a bit cooler as the sun was hidden by banks of cloud, only breaking through periodically, and so not enough to give us the searing heat which I find so uncomfortable.  Last night we had a terrific thunderstorm which had me leaping out of bed in a panic when an enormous thunderclap woke me!  The storm seemed to rage on for quite a long time, at one point almost being overhead with just a second between flash and thunderclap.  I do hope no-one's home got struck....

This morning is fresh and cool, thank goodness, so I will do a little top up food shopping, run a few necessary errands and maybe finish the ironing before it's too hot again.  Currently, I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea :)  I just don't know what to drink when the heat gets too much, too hot for tea and boring but essential just drinking water. And all we seem to have eaten over the last few days is salad and sandwiches.  Does the heat take your appetite away too? Any suggestions for nutritious food in hot weather very welcome.....

Thanks to everyone for your comments on my last post, they are much appreciated.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you have planned x

4 comments:

  1. We had some rain but no storm, it would help to clear the air though. I tend to eat very little meat inn this hot weather and like you gravitate towards salad. Steamed veg with a tomato/garlic/basil sauce makes a change and a stir fry with some protein is not too heavy. I drink tea mostly but pink grapefruit and barley squash makes a refreshing drink for a change from water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestions, Pam, I didn't think of a stir fry and the squash sounds lovely.

      Delete
  2. Sweetened ice tea is the drink of choice or water when it is so hot. We are very fortunate to have central air conditioning but even when it's not on the basement is always much cooler than upstairs. We have been having lots of salads and sandwiches too in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you with the air con! It sounds heavenly...

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx