Friday 26 September 2014

Seasons of Mist and Mellow Fruitfulness

Hi folks,

"Seasons of mist and mellow fruitfulness.....,"

The heating came on by itself yesterday morning for the second time in a month.  As the thermostat is set to only 12°, the mornings must be getting colder.  I know the evenings certainly are because I'm closing windows earlier now too and it's becoming dark by 7.30pm. I have never minded the slow slide into Autumn with the welcome coolness after a stunningly  warm Summer, the bounty from the gardens, the reds and gold of Autumn leaves.... As a schoolgirl, I always loved the poem Ode to Autumn by John Keats, he summed the feeling up perfectly and reading it never fails to give me a warm glow and a frisson of excitement knowing that Christmas will be coming before the damp and miserable days of the new year.
A lovely neighbour gave me a bag containing these...


They are all home grown and look delicious. Does anyone know if the yellow pepper is Scotch Bonnet?  The grower didn't know but I suspect it might be.  I ate the cherry tomatoes with my lunchtime sandwich but what to use the chillies and pepper for, I ask myself....

I was also given these


The plum loaf was a gift for looking after a neighbour's home whilst they were on holiday and the tin of spam, a gift from Father in Law.  Bleurgh to the spam (hubby likes it on work sarnies) but yum to the loaf!  It's always nice to have free food :-)


Thanks for popping in x











3 comments:

  1. Well done, free tastes really good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year, I love the slide to Christmas.Great bag of garden produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spam is nice in an omelette. I've never heard of plum loaf but it sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx