Friday 13 August 2021

Food On The Cheap, Bungalow Update & Eating Fresh,


 Since my lack of success with the 'Magic Bags' a while ago, I haven't managed to get one at all.  They either fly out as soon as released or are too far or too late in the day for me to pick up.  DD has got the Greggs ones down to a fine art!  She has managed to get 3 over the last few weeks.  The latest one shown above contained:

Ham & Cheese baguette
Tuna crunch pasta
4 sausage rolls
4 doughnuts 
2 Gingerbreads

All for £2.59 (RRP £8)

And the previous haul contained a lovely fresh sliced bloomer loaf .  Success!

This last week has been a bit mundane for us,  just catching up with jobs and chasing, chasing, chasing progress.....

Bungalow Update:

Why is everything such a struggle lately?   I got so frustrated with lack of information, poor communication from all concerned, as well as being unable to speak to a 'real' person, that I got stuck in and 'kicked ass' as they say!  I spent most of 2 days on the telephone, insisting on speaking to someone in authority each time until I got a call from a man who knew what he was talking about!  He chased everything up from his end regarding the purchase of the bungalow and emailed me all the legal stuff in pdf files which I promptly forwarded to our solicitor.  He now has everything required to process the purchase.  We are now waiting on the local searches for the sale of our current home which have a backlog of months by the sound of it.  Then we should be ready to go.  I feel rather like ' I bought a dog and have to bark myself ' as far as the solicitor goes.  Which begs the question "why am I paying him so much?"  Fingers crossed that things will start moving now....

Allotment News:

Our Grandson, K, helped us out again on Tuesday by climbing a ladder placed against the Bramley apple tree.  So many windfalls were depleting the harvest and the last few were big apples which had fallen and been spoilt.  K enjoyed the adventure of climbing the tree for the best fruit!  Any which didn't come away easily were left for another day.  The harvest totalled over 20lbs of fruit 😀 I processed any which were blemished, zapping them in the microwave with a spoonful of sugar and freezing in batches for future crumbles.  The rest were shared with DD, my brother and our storeroom 😆

We have picked in the last week :

Sweetcorn cobs (3)
Runner beans
Calabrese (4 decent size heads)
Parsnips
Carrots
Raspberries
Bramley apples

G has sown lettuce and spring onions this week.

A big welcome to my new followers Anjie & Barbara....Hello!  Glad to have you aboard.

That's all for now. Stay safe wherever in the world you happen to be x







18 comments:

  1. Our local bags fly out too fast for me, we only have 1 place within walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your garden is producing really well. Sorry to hear about all the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter got some wonderful deals there.

    I got Harvey to climb the ladder to pick apples yesterday. You are way ahead of me I still have to process my apples. I will do so tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the hardest things is buying, or selling, a house. Things move at a snail's pace unless, like you, someone takes the initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many individuals can't bear to purchase every natural food so what is significant is to have a sound eating regimen loaded with products of the soil, consistently make sure to completely wash your foods grown from the ground prior to utilizing them as this will likewise help get off any buildup of pesticides or composts, yet by and large... the medical advantages of eating quality food sources by and large offset the pesticide negatives. Honey in Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much thanks to you such a great amount for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is modern and very instructive, Persian restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. nex food

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. nex food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. funan mall food to eat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. https://causeway-point-food.my-free.website/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! get more info about mbs food

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. somerset food to eat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. order online plaza singapura food

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. get northpoint food price

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. best causeway point food

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. bugis food to buy

    ReplyDelete
  17. The very act of dining, whether in the intimacy of one's home or amidst the buzz of a restaurant, is an experience that engages all senses. The sizzle of a pan, the aroma of freshly baked bread, the vivid colors adorning a plate—all contribute to the symphony of sensations that accompany a culinary journey. Food engages not just the taste buds but evokes nostalgia, triggers memories, and stimulates emotions, transcending the realm of mere consumption.Las Casuelas Nuevas

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx