Sunday 30 September 2018

On Frost and Planning for Christmas

After a frosty start, yesterday was a gorgeous day.  The sun shone, the birds sang, I did shopping and so much washing that my basket is almost empty.... a satisfying day.  We had so little sleep on Friday night that I felt like a limp rag yesterday morning but lots of activity interspersed with 'feet up' moments meant that I got through the day far better than I expected to.  Luckily, last night was a good night for G regarding getting off to sleep so it benefitted us both and we woke up refreshed.
I have a craft fair next weekend so I'm busy prepping for that and I have also had some modest sales on eBay so I'll update my challenge total next weekend.

This year I have really struggled to make any savings for Christmas out of the weekly food budget.  At the moment I have just £15 which won't really buy much in the way of festive groceries and we're three quarters of the way through the year so I think I will have to use my sealed pot savings on food instead of gifts this year.  I will be opening the pot on 1st November so I'll let you know how much I have then.  Gifts will be paid for from my Stash to Cash challenge money.  I have written a list and will need to allocate a certain sum for each person.  Some (mainly little ones) will get cash in their Christmas cards instead of a gift.  And I'm on the lookout for brilliant bargains to snap up!

Anyone else written their lists yet?  I absolutely have to have lists!!

The family came to visit this afternoon, so we had a lovely catch up. The GC, at the ages of 11 and 14,  are so much easier now.  They chat, occupy themselves, help with cooking tea (pasta bake, lots of salad and warm crusty baguette) and darling GD dried up the crockery afterwards without being asked to.  They have gone home so I have my PJ's on and am ready to watch some TV.  Vanity Fair is on later, shame that Bodyguard has finished :(  Anyways...….

Stay safe wherever you happen to be and thanks so much for popping in x

6 comments:

  1. Same here, having difficulty saving for Christmas. I have made some things for one of the grandaughters but that's it so far. I have to make lists too, I can't do without them. Good luck on your Christmas plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a start on making some of the gifts and yes I definitely do need a list. Hopefully you will have a successful craft fair and a better foot fall this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie, hope you are well.
    Frost already, we haven't had any yet but I don't suppose it will be long. I am just going to start picking up something for Christmas every week when we go out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was tempted to start on some Christmas shopping last night but I have the catering to do for a 40th Birthday party at the beginning of November so I think I'm going to leave it until after that.
    I'm hoping to cut down a bit this year.
    Fingers crossed for your next carft fair. I really hope you do well.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation.
    ฮวงจุ้ย

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really buy Christmas gifts anymore. I find people appreciate a hand written letter, and I give homemade soap to my friends and family. I hope you make a lot of sales on EBay.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx