Friday 23 February 2018

A Frosty Start

Firstly a warm welcome to my new follower, Jan. Hello!

This morning we have woken to severe frost. The view from the window normally looks like this...



But today it looks like this....



It's totally beautiful and sparkles like diamonds but, boy, it's cold.  The cold front is reportedly moving down from Russia and we are just not used to it :/. Luckily, we had a top up of LPG this week so we can keep the house warm.  I say "luckily" because the tanker can't get through to us in heavy snow.  How is it where you are?

Regarding my Stash Into Cash Challenge, I've sold another £2 worth making the total £3.60 so far. One of our neighbours has mentioned that she would like to buy some cards from me so I will see what happens there.  I always feel a bit embarrassed asking for £1 each from someone I know but it's what I need to make a small profit.  Watch this space.... 

Note: I didn't intend to put the above in bold print but can't seem to change it now on the tablet (exasperated sigh...)it will have to stay as it is.

That's it for now. Stay safe and thanks so much for popping in x

9 comments:

  1. £1 for a hand made card is very cheap, please don't under sale yourself. Along the south coast we have a sunny cold morning, after a heavy frost, so every where shines like thousands of diamonds, all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No frost here but it is blummin'cold.

    Hope your sales pick up for you soon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that would make a cheap handmade card. Does look kind of dreary there. It's raining here this morning. Sigh. Was hoping for a little more sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to sell my handmade cards for £1 each, as long as you are making a profit for what you have used to make them it's good :-)

    Yes it's ice cold here too, it took me an age first thing this morning to thaw out the water for Ethel and the chickens, but they did appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. £1 for a handmade card is a bargain. We woke to a hard frost too, apparently the temperatures are due to drop again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems you will have it even worse than us. Stay warm x

      Delete
  6. The price you ask for your cards is very reasonable and fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny but extremely cold and windy on the Essex coast. The washing dried so we must be grateful for small mercies.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx