Monday 14 December 2015

I Should Be So Lucky!



I am heartily sick of being bombarded by rubbish spam emails offering bogus goodies.  This morning, for example, my emails say I have won the following:

A MacBook, ipad, iwatch and iPhone
An Apple bundle worth £2000
Aldi voucher
£3,500 Asda voucher
£1000 Tesco giftcard
An Asda voucher for an unspecified amount
Samsung Galaxy S6

and  I can test and keep an iPhone 6S

At this rate of wins I will be a millionaire within weeks!  I delete these things immediately but there must be some people who, perhaps out of desperation or boredom, will actually click on the links and give away their personal details to a stranger who is often in another country, it seems.  If you scroll to the bottom of the email the details are there regarding country of origin.  My advice is DO NOT CLICK !  Genuine winning emails will address you by name and you will have some inkling about entering the draw in the first place.....

Does anyone else get these kinds of things each and every day? Or do you know how to block them perhaps?


 
For some reason yesterday I felt unusually energetic so instead of doing the ironing (any old excuse!) I decided to empty my kitchen wall cupboards which hold all my crystal as well as my drinking glasses.  I don't want to be caught out at Christmas by fetching out dusty glasses when I offer guests a drink so the 3 cupboards were emptied, thoroughly cleaned, all the glass washed and put away tidily. 
  
Advent day 13 

Some really nice glassware, which I never use, has been wrapped and boxed for the CS
 
We did the big food shop today and the Trussell Trust had a collection trolley in Mr M's so... 
 Advent day 14
 
Another 6 items were added to the food bank collection

I also had a word with the nice lady guarding the trolley and they are short of volunteers so I might try to pluck up the courage to visit them at the church and offer some help (insert a scared face smilie)

Have a lovely day everyone and thanks everso for popping in x

4 comments:

  1. Yes I get loads of crap, because of all the competitions I enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those emails I put into spam, before deleting, the mail box then remembers them as junk, just a quick scan through the spam box before deleting every thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do just the same as Marlene, I never ever open anything that I have not requested or know the source.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also do the same as Marlene and Pam. I never open any email that looks suspicious to me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx