Friday 26 June 2015

Whoops, Was it Something I Said? And The Case of the Disappearing Parking Machine

 
Hi Honey, I'm home!  Actually, we got back from holiday on Tuesday last but the internet was playing up and I have been unable to write a riveting post-holiday blog post (ok, so not that riveting obviously, because I seem to have lost two followers whilst I've been away :(   Never mind, my fave readers are still with me, and I digress.....
 
We spent the first 3 nights in Cumbria, Grange Over Sands to be precise, and it was lovely (weather rubbish, but place and people lovely)  Our first adventure was to visit the Haverthwaite Railway; a lovely little station complete with hanging baskets....
 
 



They had this welcoming sign outside the coffee shop, just the job for weary dog owners in need of a cuppa.  There was even a bowl of dog biscuits for owners to take one or two for their companions quite free of charge. What a lovely touch.....


The train looked a bit Thomas the Tank Engine'ish but performed the task of pulling the train perfectly well.....


A 15 minute journey took us to the shores of Lake Windermere and, although the sky was very grey and threatening we spent a few hours wandering around without the threatened rain falling...

 



As we needed a few provisions we ventured into town next day, found a quiet car park and rummaged around for some coins with which to buy a ticket.....



 But where from?? The Pay & Display notice was there but I couldn't believe my eyes. From the blue and white Police tape flapping in the breeze it seems that some bright spark had stolen the machine!  How they uprooted it from the concrete without someone noticing is beyond me.  If you expand the photo you will see that someone has written 'parking is FREE' on the orange barrier in felt tip pen.  As we had no mobile phone with which to ring the number, we made a dash to the supermarket and then legged it just in case.  OMG what is the world coming to when two pensioners have to run to the shop and back in as short a time as possible.....




Our first three days disappeared in a flash and we packed up the caravan and set off to Edinburgh for a further week.  If you can bear it I'll post some more photo's tomorrow :)

Thanks everso for popping in x

4 comments:

  1. I really like it in Grange, we go when we just fancy a really leisurely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, isn't it and I discovered a lovely little craft shop too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics and look forward to some more.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would whoever took the parking ticket machine like to contact me as I might be persuaded to sponsor him/her. Only joking ( I think). Glad the hols were good and am looking forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx