Tuesday 3 October 2017

I'm Excited!


I'm excited! I want to shout out loud.....

I have my first Christmas Presents!

Boots have begun to stock their shelves with Christmas stuff and I just happened to see some suitable gifts when I popped in with DD for something else.  I got 2 lovely gifts for women and one for a man which had a potential total cost of £18.50  By using my points and Boots' 3 for 2 offer I got them for FREE and I still have over £1 worth of points left on my card...result!

On Sunday morning I put the kettle on to boil for my first cuppa of the day, opened a new box of teabags and idly counted them one by one into my airtight jar....37...38...box empty! WHAT?? A box of 40 teabags contains only 38?  I tipped them out and tried again.  Still only 38. They are the cheapest Sainsbugs Fairly Traded teabags but I still felt cheated so I sent off a very polite email to Sainsbugs to query this.  By Monday I had received a very nice email to say they will be looking into this issue and that they will credit me with 400 Nectar points (worth £2) by way of compensation. I just checked and they are already in my account. Thank you! In all my 46 years of wedded bliss I have never before thought to count the teabags in a pack.  Have I been missing out all these years? Do some packs contain more?  Is it a hit and miss issue? Has anyone else ever checked theirs? Or am I completely nuts?  Answers on a postcard please ;)


Regarding Nectar points, I checked at the weekend and I have points worth £25.87 so far....


Add to this my free 400 points and I have £27.87 towards more gifts (jumps up and down in excitement! )  Today I received another email newsletter to say that from Friday to Sunday this week Nectar card holders will receive free prize draw points if they spend £10 or more and swipe their card.  It's well worth doing because the top prize is 5000 points worth £25 and you will get at least 200.  Go people! ;)

By the way, OH loved the sausage casserole.  He said it tasted slightly sweet but absolutely delicious.  It didn't need any extra liquid and served him 2 enormous portions.  If I had been a bit quicker I could have stretched it to 3 and frozen one of them.  Never mind I'll know for next time ....

Thanks everso for popping in.  Stay safe x


10 comments:

  1. Well done on the free Christmas gifts. I'll be looking to count my teabags from now on. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know if there's a discrepancy, Jules!

      Delete
  2. Well done on making your Boots points work for you and getting some of your Christmas gifts. Sadly we do not have a Sainsbury's here on the Island only a Tesco and Co-op. I have been saving the points from both which ill buy the food for over Christmas. I have never counted tea bags before, maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots points, I must admit I have not shopped there so often, we have a local Superdrug. We are saving Necta (Sainsbugs) and Co-op points for Christmas. We also have about £100 in a coin jar for Tesco shopping, they have a cash sort machine, which gives you a ticket with the amount of coins sorted, if you use it as money at the tills they do not take commission. We are giving cash this year, the grandkids are old enough to buy what they want, it's cheaper in the long run and our kids get what the really want, which in most cases are more expensive than we spend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cash is so much easier, isn't it. We are buying fewer gifts this year and tiny tots will get cash in their cards. Token gifts for just a few grown ups...

      Delete
  4. I have just taken delivery of our Love To Shop gift cards which is very exciting.
    We pay for them through the year which spreads the cost of Christmas very nicely.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea Sheila. I'm glad someone else is getting excited too :) Hugs back xx

      Delete
  5. I think you may have started something here PP All across the country people are counting their tea bags (to quizzical looks from their partners) I know I shall when I open the next box.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx