Saturday 24 June 2017

On Amazing Weather & A Disaster

When the weather forecast predicted a warm spell we tootled off to Devon in the caravan last week and, BOY! were they right! A 5 day heat wave arrived!  It has been roasting but we had a wonderful week in Sidmouth.  It was too hot to eat so we lived on simple salads, fruit and lots of ice cream :)  We came back on Thursday last and it has cooled down considerably although I'm still wearing shorts around the house.

One of our neighbours promised to water our strawberry pots in return for watering their garden (they were away the week before us and came back the day we went IYSWIM) We came back to this.....


and this.....


To say I am gutted would be an understatement.  The second plant must have been in a slightly shadier spot and I managed to salvage a few strawberries for tea but that is the lot.....


We have our potatoes in a different part of the garden and another neighbour (totally unasked BTW)  trained his hose onto our tubs of spuds.  What a star he is.....


 
I had a little rummage around one tub and found these.....


 
 We ate them steamed, with HM quorn lasagne, peas & carrots.  They were delicious....

When we were away we had no internet access so I'm totally out of touch with what's been happening in blogland and need to catch up.  Next post I'll tell you all about an amazing knitting exhibition we accidentally found.  If you love knitting you'll love this exhibition.

Thanks so much for popping in and being patient.  Take care x

10 comments:

  1. How annoying not to water plants, hope you can save them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor strawberries, I am sure they can be revived for next year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so looking forward to eating home grown ones this year :(

      Delete
  3. I would love a caravan so that we can tootle too but hubby will not even entertain the idea.
    What a disappointment to return to dead strawberries.-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A caravan is brilliant but I wouldn't tow it myself Sheila so I understand :/

      Delete
  4. Such a shame about the strawberry plants, hope they can be revived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a gap in the service market.....a garden waterer. Poor strawberries.
    Just a thought.....we have a "leaky hose" system in place for when we are away. It is fed from a water butt and has proved successful.
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good suggestion but we have no water butt I'm afraid. A professional waterer sounds great ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx