Sunday 23 April 2017

Charity Giving and Happy St George's Day!

  

Happy St George's Day!
 
 
Charity Giving
 

After my year of 'Do More Good' I would like to carry on with the theme and 2017 is running away from me already so when I did the top up shop on Saturday I took 4 new-ish paperback books to donate to the charity sale table in Sainsbugs.  By the time I had paid for my shopping 3 had been sold, so potentially £3 to charity. Yay!  The few eBay sales I have had have generated a few pounds to H4H via eBay Giving (around £5, I think) but I really need to readdress my Food Bank donations because there was an article in last week's free paper declaring that the shelves at the local FB are almost empty.  It was put down to a big increase in families with 5 to 9 children attending the FB.  I though those days of big families were almost gone.  Apparently not....
 
This year I am thinking of volunteering at a H4H fundraising collection day in a local supermarket.  I've never done it before, have you?  Did you find it worthwhile? Or should I be looking at other ways to raise funds?
 
Anyway, thanks everso for popping in, have a lovely St George's Day x

6 comments:

  1. I have never done a fundraising collection day and after seeing some vile behaviour towards collectors I don't think I ever would. I think you have to be a very special kind of person to stand being spat at and sworn at as I have seen people do. Why they can't just say no and walk on is beyond me....vile creatures-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh golly Sheila, how awful! I might have to have a re-think x

      Delete
  2. Happy St Georges day to you too. You are certainly doing well with your fundraising efforts, well done. I find it so sad that so many people are need of support from local food banks it sadly seems to be a global problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. It is a sad indictment in a country of 'plenty' x

      Delete
  3. Happy St. George's Day to you too. Some good ideas of ways to give money to charity.
    I have never personally done a fundraising collection day although the school PTA always said the easiest and quickest way to raise funds was bag packing at the local supermarket. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often have bag packers in our local Sainsbugs Jules. I can understand why now!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It's OK.....

  Angie 💓 xx